Cornwall peeps - need to get saddle repaired

Bertie_Boo

Visit site
I need to get my saddle repaired and our local saddlers sadly closed down a few years ago. I'm happy to travel (although I'm based in south Cornwall) so if someone could please give me the name of a good saddler I'd really appreciate it. (Have rung local tack shop and all they could suggest was sending it back to Cliff Barnsby to repair.) Thanks in advance.

SillyNoodles

Visit site
The only Master saddler in Cornwall is Jane Talbot-Smith, up on the top of Bodmin Moor. You turn off the A30 at Jamiaca Inn and head for Goliath Falls and she's on that road. Pm me for her number!

henryhorn

www.narramorehorses.blogspot.com
There's a chap in Launceston still mending saddles as far as I know, but don't know how good or bad he might be.
If you ever come through to Exeter Mr Ching at Crockernwell (just leave at Whiddon Down follow the road signed Cheriton Bishop and he is one the left in Crockernwell) is super, he does all our repairs and is an old fashioned saddlers.
His number will be in the book too if you want to talk with him first . (reasonably priced as well)

SillyNoodles

Visit site
That's right - we replied at VERY close times!! She a few things of mine atm! It's a missleading name though - as she is no longer at Blisland!!!

cornwallexracers

Visit site
Hi Bertie Boo, sounds like you're not far from me!! I use Ray Hinton at Castle Saddlery at Liskeard, he's a master saddler, and after many unsatifsactory attempts with the same saddlery as you which is now shut, he sorted out my saddle no problem and he'll come to you if you need him to. Definately give him a try. I wouldn't touch any of the other saddlers with a barge pole.