Cornwall Peeps, saddler help please!

cornwallexracers

Visit site
Just wondering if any of the cornish members can reccomend a good saddler in cornwall, please try not to all fall about laughing at once!!

I'm having trouble with my exracer's saddle fit, and I don't seem to be able to find anyone with a clue what to do about it, and I have had them off the SMS 'reccomended' list.
frown.gif

Sarah_Jane

Visit site
Your best bet may be Wychanger Barton (google it) they come into Cornwall couple of times a month.

The other person that may be worth a try is Machalia McNeil (sp?) who is trained saddler and makes her own saddles. She is based in Camborne. Could get her no. if you want.

cornwallexracers

Visit site
Hi sarah_jane,

Have you used (or know anyone) who has used this lady? I saw her details on the SMS website and thought about getting in contact. The only thing that put me off is the guy I used from their list last time who was shocking.

Sarah_Jane

Visit site
I know her although have not used her, she repairs tack for me. She is reliable and I am pretty sure would tell you if she couldn't fit the horse. My back lady has worked with her succesfully but I don't actually know anyone that has bought a saddle from her.

Zebedee

Visit site
I've used Malcom from Shaugh Prior near Plymouth a few times. Sue Coffin at Crosswinds is a trained saddle fitter & has a huge selection of new & secondhand saddles.

D

Donkeymad

The woman some are thinking of is probably Michaela something (sorry, can't remember) have you tried Martin Hughes in Redruth?

TigerLilly

Visit site
i use someone called marcia bond from looe way and she has a very good and large selection of second hand saddles and she will px