Correct turnout

sunleychops

Visit site
Just a quickie

For unaffiliated dressage and SJ will I be ok to wear Navy jacket, White Breeches, Black Hat but with my Burgundy Sergio Grasso long Boots?

They aren't bright as they have dulled down with age but I'm loathe to get a new pair as these had to be custom made just to be used occasionally.

Plus I love them :D

Abacus

Visit site
Do you have a photo? If they count as brown you may get away with it... but I do think the overall picture won't be right. I don't expect you'll be kicked out of the ring at local level. They might look better with a brownish tweed and beige jods.

sunleychops

Visit site
20130110_221853_zps0e522f00.jpg

holeymoley

Visit site
For dressage, white Jodhs are incorrect, I'd maybe get a slight off cream colour or something. They may go better with your boots as well?

Lolo

Visit site
For dressage, white Jodhs are incorrect, I'd maybe get a slight off cream colour or something. They may go better with your boots as well?

White jods are fine, and seem to be de rigeour...

I think you'd get away with the boots, just. They look reasonably brown in the photo. However, what holeymoley said is also tru- they'll look browner (and therefore less likely to be told no) with biege/ cream jods.

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
I would contact the show centre where you aim to compete. We have some lovely centres around us who would be only too glad to help with what they find acceptable. Your attire would be OK for most of them, if not a completely matched outfit.

I have often worn a black hat with blue jacket as just occasionally I take my boy out and if he seems more excited than usual I wear my trusty XC helmet with black silk rather than blue fancy velvet hat. I wear white or beige breeches, whatever comes out of the wardrobe first, with a matching stock. This is at BD as well as locally. It is the boots that I would ask about, but for local comps they are safe and proper riding boots, so I would just ask and then you can arrive and compete with confidence.

Good luck!

Cortez

Tough but Fair
Visit site

White breeches are most definitely not incorrect! In fact they are the "most" correct attire, all the cream, beige, etc. are a bit, erm, "plebby"............(sorry)