Cortaflex OR Superflex?

MagicMelon

Visit site
Which do you think is best for horses? Cortaflex or NAF's newer Superflex?

And anybody know the cheapest place to get either of these????

Following on from my human post, maybe I should feed this to my horses!

old_girl

Visit site
Or you could consider Rialflex, which is brand new to the market.

I believe it contains more of the Glucosamine and Chondroitin per dose than the others, so should be better value in the long run.

Website for it is below, theres loads of useful information on there, but it seems to be down at the mo. Maybe try it later.
www.rialflex-equine.co.uk

spaniel

Visit site
Depends entirely on what you are trying to deal with.

Is it bone/joint/tendon/muscle?????? Just because something has gluco and choro in doesnt mean it will address every 'stiffness' issue. Cortaflex has none of either but allows the bodies own production to work better.

kgillham

New User
Visit site
My horse is only 8 but she is always stiff when coming out of her box, cortaflex and devils claw have helped loads, superflex didn't..

K9Wendy

Visit site
Equine vet has just advised one of the liveries on our yard to use pure glucosamine as most supplements didn't provide enough in their daily doses to make a huge difference. He said it also worked out cheaper..

L

Lynnes

You know that is so strange you asked that question because I ran out of Cortaflex & at the local feed merchants was advised to try the Superflex (which I did). I have only been feeding it a week so cannot comment yet.
laugh.gif

MagicMelon

Visit site
spaniel - Mine wouldnt be to treat an actual problem. I just thought it would be useful to feed my competition boys to keep them supple. And maybe feed my old retired pony who's a little stiffer nowadays!

savanna

New User
Visit site
I tried cortaflex and naf superflex but my lad still clicks, am now trying equiflex, would love to know if anybody else has used it and if any difference

H's mum

www.coligone.co.uk
I had H on equiflex for years - I took her off it about 5 months ago - and never noticed any difference at all - I now use ExSelenium oil - (omega 3&6) which keeps her joints supple!
smile.gif

If I had to choose between cortaflex or superflex it would be cortaflex hands down - apparently the molecules are smaller and can reach further than other joint supplements!
smile.gif

Kate x

Malibu

Visit site
hi magic M, not spoke to you in a while! ahve you got eventing or horse and ound, witht he ad from feemark advertising extraflex HA, well if you have it gives you atable showing the ingredianst and amounts of eq msm/ Glucosamine Hydrochloride, Chondroitin Sulpahet, very intesting. now also vistit the cortaflex webiste they ahve a big case with chrondroitin and Glucosamine, they say ithe particles are too big to pass effctivly through into joints so they dont contain the stuff but feedmark does but in hydro form so more effcetive of passing and a case shows 90% passes in this form, very intesting stuff, pm me for more info and a chat if you want! x x x