Cortaflex or superflex?

Visit site
We currently feed our 27 year old gelding cortaflex to help keep his joints supple, etc. But the other day my friend told me she now feeds her old pony superflex and he thrives on it - apparently it is better that cortaflex. Is this true?
confused.gif

judymoon

Visit site
joint supplements are a minefield, i think cortaflex have the market well cornered at the moment but as for one being better than the other, thats difficult. Ingredients and quantities are the key to any choice. Glucosamine and chondroitin are a standard now and its well researched and tested that they are, when used together, key to aiding joints suffering from degeneration. The new factor now with supplements is HA. Its relatively new but once you start looking at it it is an amazing addition and also improves the efficency of the other two, and i think a vital one. The origanal combination (glucos/chondroitin/HA) came from the states and is now available in the UK its called Chondrogen EQ (a mouthful i know!) and is a combination, they also offer Conquer wich is a straight HA supplement and the only one of its type in U.K, its comparable to what the vet would inject but far more cost effective. these products are vet developed and tested and trialed and come with so much supporting material its hard not to use it. worth getting hold of the material, try www.kinesishealth.com i think they are the only people to have it here but V. helpful shipping is free and they will send you all the bumff, great help on the phone too