Cortaflex - worth the money?

FMM

www.absolutelymad.co.uk
Our old cob (chestnut in my sig) went onto Cortaflex when he was about 16 years old; when he came off it, you noticed he hit the ground harder and did not move as well. He was lent out to one of the para riders when he was about 21 (back on Cortaflex) and represented GB in a couple of competitions! He was also surer footed when he was on it. You can purchase glucosamin cheaper elsewhere but there are obviously other ingredients in it, so we stick to Cortaflex.

vallin

Visit site
Honestly...I have no idea if it works, but it makes me feel better so I keep feeding it! (It's worrying that I do this, yet still classify myself as a scientist :eek: :p )

Kellys Heroes

Visit site
Certainly seems to help ours, definitely notice a difference if they come off it.
I actually did a university paper on it and found that the way it works is by having much smaller molecules of chondroitin, glucosamine and hyaluronic acid so they are able to be absorbed far easier than the larger molecules taken in via the diet.
K x

Hols333

New User
Visit site
Newmarket Joint Supplement is amazing - it has a higher % of glucosamine than cortaflex and works out about the same cost. My vet recommended it to me and it was amazing!!!

cronkmooar

Visit site
Don't use cortaflex go for Cortavet HA instead. Its not much more and is much much better.

You will get it from any good online pharmacy

Lu1

Visit site
Yes I think so too, and get the HA one.
Cally6008-my husband takes it for his knees, speak to Nutri on 0800 212 742, the high street supplements arent very effective in my opinion

Super_Kat

www.myspace.com
I use another supplement made by Equite America (who make Cortaflex) called Kentucky joint supplement.
I have a mare who nobody had been able to keep sound for years, put her on it, she played a full season of hard polocrosse without an issue :D
(Plus it's only 20 quid as opposed to 60!)

thatsmygirl

Visit site
Cortaflex ha is brill but again don't bother with normal cortaflex. The ha is for horses who has a problem where as the normal cortaflex is for horses with no problems to try and provent.

QUICKFIRE

Visit site
daft question - is there a human form of cortaflex (for humans) that is as good ?

Yes there is a human quality cortaflex you can get, I had a course a few months back, to be honest I didn't feel any benifit, had a months supply which at £25 + was dissapointing!

dalidaydream

Visit site
I used Cortaflex HA on my pony and it did make a slight difference but only when fed at the full level, no difference at all at the maintenance level. I also tried it on my dog and saw no difference at all. I now use Equimins Flexijoint on them both and have noticed a huge improvement. It is also much cheaper than Cortaflex and they offer a money back guarantee if it doesn't work.

I believe they also do a human version but I haven't tried it so don't know what its like.

dee378

Visit site
I used to use the normal Cortaflex, but found it quite expensive, so now use nutri science arthri aid - just the normal one but it still has HA in it, which seems to be doing just as good a job as Cortaflex but it's £40 a tub and lasts about 3 months. Although Cortaflex has a very good reputation, there are a lot of other products on the market now which have caught up so are just as good and are a bit cheaper. Hope this helps!