Cost effective joint supplements for dogs

Mynstrel

Any suggestions? It's for a 10yo BC who occasionally looks a bit creaky getting on & off things.

We have our horses on suppleaze gold & we're getting really good results from that so I'm considering trying the dog version of that, but another consideration I have is that she really isn't keen on taking anything strange in her food so I need something she doesn't need a lot of SO I have looked at the suppleaze gold itself & wondered if that'd be ok to try as it doesn't seem to have anything horse-specific in it and she would only need a small sprinkle so it'd be less likely to be noticed than something she needs multiple spoonfulls of.

Does anybody know if that'd be ok to try or of a good dog-specific supplement that I don't need to feed a lot of?

Our vet recommended Yumove for my greyhound who has arthritis. It has 3 active ingredients: glucosamine, chondroitin and green lipped mussel. It comes in tablet firm and we just mix it in with his food.

blackcob

And for the... erm.. quadruple! Yumove was recommended by our orthopaedic vet and again by the physiotherapist we saw today.

ladyearl

I've pre emptively put my young dog (BC 2 yr old) on yumove it seemed to get a good rating in the cani cross and agility circuit.

Cop-Pop

Yellow Dog is on Omega 3 Oil tablets and Glucosamine tablets, one tablet every other day. Tubs cost £1.19 in Lidl :D

Mynstrel

Thanks all of you, I'd heard of yumove but for some reason I thought it was something else! I'll look at the omega 3/glucosamine too and see which I can most easily con her with :)

Cop-Pop

I dunk Yellow Dog's in cheese spread and they go down pretty well, by the time he's finished licking my fingers he's swallowed the pill :D In fact it's the only pill method that works with him