Cost of lessons

MuddyMonster

Visit site
yep :)
Really don't understand the issue over instructor/trainer thing, it's just a word - people tend to ask who you 'train with' so trainer ends up falling off the tongue - incidentally in my case he's also FBHS so has been through all the traditional 'instructor' training too ;) so if it's more palatable to call him an instructor then that's fine with me.

Funny about the words you use - to me 'instructor' carries with it a picture of someone standing in the middle of the school telling you what to do second by second, whereas 'trainer' to me is more about coaching the rider to learn for themselves, more about guidance rather than 'do this, now do that' rote learning. We all have our own prejudices! :)

I also find that if you tell a non-horsey person you have 'lessons' with an 'instructor' - they tend to ask why you still need lessons as surely you can ride by now ...?! :D

I find if you tell a non-horsey person you have a coach or trainer - the ongoing training aspect makes far more sense. As most people that play a sport, even at an amateur level will have training or coaching sessions.

It's funny the difference a word can make!