Cost of ultrasound for tendon

Peregrine Falcon

Looking forward to drier days
Visit site
Taking my mare in for a scan on her hind leg on Friday. Has anyone had a scan done recently? (Just so I can prepare myself for the street corner!!!!)

Peregrine Falcon

Visit site
Thanks! I'll put away the short skirt for now then. :D

I'm hoping that it's nothing too serious, we've only just really got going, 3 dressage tests down and had lots planned. :(

Otherwise I may have to go husband shopping for her quickly if that could be an option.

Peregrine Falcon

Visit site
There was little point in calling them out for them to tell me she needed a scan, so saving callout fee. I'd rather know what I'm dealing with so the money really is of little consequence.

It's years since I last paid for ultrasound, old nag managed to strain both foreleg tendons and I claimed it on insurance then. He had a month worth of injections etc too.

We'd had such a nice ride with my eldest son and his pony, were on the way home when she just stumbled a bit on uneven ground coming downhill. :( Not lame, no heat but bowed at the bottom of the tendon at the back of the leg. My friend didn't notice it until I pointed it out to her, so it's not even that swollen. Thanks for wishes.

Peregrine Falcon

Visit site
That's rather what I am hoping. Don't want to take any risks with this mare. I've been so patient letting her mature physically as she was too weak to back at 4, bringing her on slowly, she's homebred and my old mare's last filly so I'll be gutted if it's anything more.

Peregrine Falcon

Visit site
Huge sigh of relief. Flicka has just knocked the tendon and vet agreed that she wasn't lame on initial trot up. Said that he doubted that the scan would show anything.

Wanted to sedate her but I said that wouldn't be necessary. She barely moved from the spot, didn't react to the clippers (she doesn't anyway on her body) and was a model patient.

3 weeks of ridden walking exercise and build up from there. Phew!

JustKickOn

Visit site
Mine was about £120 for two legs, but that included sedative. They were trying out a new machine so got a bit of a BOGOF