costs of pet sitting - how much would/do you pay?

mandwhy

Visit site
Hi everyone!

I've asked on here for your help with the idea of a dog walking and pet care business to help me make money whole I am studying. Thanks for all your help as I have now started, got my insurance sorted and started walking my first client!

I am just not sure how much to charge for services other than walking. For walking I am charging 7 pounds per hour which seems cheap compared to others advertising in the area but as it is more than minimum wage with none of the stress I would face in other work like shops and bars I am quite happy with it! This is within a certain mile radius.

I would like to know how much you would expect to pay for an overnight stay at your home with your pets (mostly thinking cats and dogs here) also how much this differs from the going rate for kennels and catteries in your area and any thoughts on how you feel about those options (i.e stress on animals, would you only use kennels if you really had to/couldn't afford home visits) .

Any other thoughts, tips and info on this subject are very much appreciated!

I am covered for most things, dog walking, pet sitting and house sitting, visits, and pet taxi. Horses are also covered just not exercising them so if anyone happens to have horses or even a small holding then your advice is hugely welcome!

Thank you!