*cough*you might NOT want to start doing your BE sums for 2010...!

jules89

Visit site
...otherwise you will end up with this...

Thanks LPP for giving me this idea..not!

blush.gif
tongue.gif

and that's only the highlighted events that are pretty much definites...!

Untitled.jpg

little_pink_piggies

Visit site
It's so bollocks isn't it?! I am actually serious about not rejoining and going into BSJA/BD. I don't understand how it's generally become accepted for them to put entry fees up so much every year when inflation rates are what, 2-3%?!

langside

Visit site
*Crys*

Also can't believe how many events you can get to that are under an hour away within the first 2 months!!
shocked.gif

Think theres only 3 in the entire season for us - might go and beg father to pack us up and move down south
wink.gif

jules89

Visit site
M you're just blonde...and Welsh
wink.gif
teehee (Disclaimer I am not racist!) and I've already rejoined now
frown.gif
boo hiss and if we just went unaffilliated I would feel like a pot hunter as only really goes up to 3"3 around us (though Moreton may run a bigger one...there's a thought)

langside yep we are very lucky, and it's easiest time of year to volunteer too but it's always blo**dy cold!

Amazonia, no I don't want to include start fees, that may make me cry...! and at this rate I doubt we will move to int!

rotters13

Visit site
From what I understand also re start fees, is that they are no longer a set amount now?!

When Kerrilli coming on, I read this off lurking on one of her posts!

Kentisheventer

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I was also just reading through that and went "Oh that's spooky she has 2 events equal distance from her"

Yes I'm blonde
tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

SAME... but no blondness here
wink.gif

sea_view

Visit site
I was hoping to rejoin BE this year now that new horsie seems to be ready but eeek on a bike at the prices, they were £50 a class when I was last a member and I thought that was cheap and from what you have all been saying last year half the Scottish ones were cancelled!
crazy.gif

popsdosh

Visit site
You havent included the insurance for abandonment in the entry cost shame on you
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Seriously BE stated that entry fees had not gone up this year and the only cost increase was going to be start fees.
Just for general info the reason there is such a difference in entry fees at some events is because some events have VAT added and also it depends on the prize money level offered.
See there is sense in it after all and they have so many staff to pay(BE that is).The competitors have bottomless pockets after all!!

dingle12

Visit site
Thats why we are doing unaff next years costs too much to BE intermediate. There is some good prize money and cheaper entry round BE courses doing unaff. The open classes are round only novice courses though
frown.gif

Tangaroo

Visit site
I find it interesting that Moreton is one of the most expensive and offer lowest level prize money, whereas Aldon is so much cheaper and offers highest level prize money.
confused.gif
Doesnt seem right really does it
frown.gif

cheekycharley

Visit site
I am starting to wonder if i am silly if i pay for my horse to be evented by my sister for probably most of the season (until i am deemed capable!)

Im still annoyed/upset at how much i spent last year to have a few scary runs and end up with a retired horse
frown.gif

Bearskin

Visit site
A long, long time ago the entry for Novice was £12 and the first prize was £50. There was no start fee / stealth tax and I was able to pay the entries for my horse (one a month) with my pocket money.

Quadro

Visit site
dont kid your self that bsja is cheaper most british novices are now £15!!!! and going up as the classes get higher but the weird thing is i havent noticed the prize money going up to match!!!!!;)

Nic

Visit site
*lalalala*

The answer is simple, don't tot it up, ignorance is bliss! Then feign utter confusion when berated by family for being utterly skint!
smile.gif

Seriously, I worked it out at being about 2k all in for what I want to do next season. I feel sick!

kit279

Visit site
Ok ladies, but let me put this in perspective. I wanted to take OH and me skiing for a week somewhere really good in February and the cost quoted was in excess of £2K..! We both looked at one another and said ' I'd rather go eventing for that money'!!