Could I have bridle opinions please?

appylass

Visit site
I have just bought a new hunter bridle for my 3 year old highland. It will be for showing. I have an old jeffries hunter bridle and the noseband is slightly narrower. I much prefer the new one but other people have said it makes his head look too long and chunky.

30062008511-1.jpg

30062008513.jpg

Old bridle:

20080505ColinDilwynShow49-1.jpg

Waht do you all tthink? All opinions really welcome!

Tinker_Belle

Visit site

New one! Definitely!

I think the narrower one makes his face look quite common & chubby
crazy.gif

He looks like a different pony in the pics with his new bridle.
I like it a lot
smile.gif

appylass

Visit site
Thank you all! You've reassured me, I am absolutely thrilled with it but other peoples comments had made me doubt myself.

I found it on ebay, this is a similar one http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/New-English-Workin...p3286.m14.l1318 but endied up buying direct from them as I wanted a few little changes to the advertised one. I have to say I am a bit of a Jeffries obsessional but in my book this is every bit as good and a lot cheaper. It's beautiful, english leather and very well made. This is their email address saddletrader@hotmail.co.uk

Thanks again
smile.gif

CrazyMare

Visit site
Definatly the thicker one.

Peoples opinion will change, I bought my mare a 1 1/4" noseband and my Dad was really against it to start with, but after seeing her in the ring with it on he changed his mind.

hellybelly6

Visit site
New one and I love the flat nose band.

Chunkier bridles can make a more generously proportioned head look less generously proportioned, if that makes sense and he looks great in it.

I am a big Highland fan, where is he from? Am considering a highland younster once i save up and pursade my OH!!