Could someone tell my horses…

blitznbobs

Visit site
That they like being out in this weather…

I pit the ‘grown ups’ out this morning and they persisted in giving me the evils leaning on the gate til I brought them in.

But the babies (yearlings) despite never coming in except for farriers and the odd grooming session - decided they too were coming in this evening— they couldnt have made it any clearer if they spoke the Queen’s English…

Ive told them that horses should be out in all weathers but i think they told me to f@*€ right off…

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
Mine have had the choice to be in or out and have been in, even without food, for the majority of the time for the last month, even when the weather was good.

Annagain

Visit site
The only time Archie (and therefore the others as they follow him) won't come to me is when it's raining hard. He's too busy sheltering under the trees. Even in the middle of winter when he knows his stable is waiting for him!

Shoei

Visit site
I leave mine out until after bonfire night but this morning, the traditional gave me a right nip to tell me how unimpressed she was!!! She has never so much as put her ears back!!!

Rosemary28

Visit site
Even my (native) bog pony, who loves to be out, was quite happy to come in yesterday! J the Shetland also chose to stand in, so it must have been bad!

Surbie

Visit site
I am very much of the 'horses should be out' way of thinking. My horse doesn't agree and is dragging me in at a jog trot each evening.

PapaverFollis

Visit site
The pony kept trying to get inside the barn yesterday evening. Every time I opened the door she was just there. She's never spent a night inside the barn yet... but somehow she just knows. I've promised them that there will be proper indoor stables as soon as we can manage it.

L&M

Visit site
Ours are asking to come in at lunchtime despite having plenty of grass.....worryingly chilled having gone from out 24/7 to around 5-6 hrs out, but no doubt they will make us pay for it at some stage!!!!!!

They usually stay out all day until at least Dec - it is going to be a long winter at this rate and thank god we ordered plenty of haylage.

NinjaPony

Visit site
My welshie has to stay out until at least 5 every day because I work and refuse to make 3 trips up a day just because he wants to come in, but as soon as he hears me walking to the gate he comes racing over shrieking at me. Nothing he likes more than coming into a nice sheltered stable and haynet, so I’ve never managed to persuade him to live out 24/7…