Could this have made such a difference

sherbet

Visit site
Over the last few months my mare has been a cow (see posts for more details)

Today I took her in the school and took her flash off wow what a difference the old Holly was back lovely schooling session best one in about 6 months

Could takeing the flash off made such a difference?

camilla4

Visit site
Over the last few months my mare has been a cow (see posts for more details)

Today I took her in the school and took her flash off wow what a difference the old Holly was back lovely schooling session best one in about 6 months

Could takeing the flash off made such a difference?

Absolutely it could! Some horses just cannot get on with it at all - I obviously don't know if it was correctly fitted but, if you are sure it was, then just the removal can transform a horse's way of going. Well done anyway :)

JFTDWS

Visit site
Could it off made a difference? No. Could it have made a difference? Yes :p (sorry I can't help it, pedantry runs in my veins...) I would be a cow too if someone strapped my mouth shut... Especially if it were tight. It amazes me that so many horses accept flashes.

camilla4

Visit site
Absolutely it could! Some horses just cannot get on with it at all - I obviously don't know if it was correctly fitted but, if you are sure it was, then just the removal can transform a horse's way of going. Well done anyway :)

I did edit this to add the following but it seems to have been missed out: if a flash has been correctly fitted and previously happily accepted by a horse, a sudden lack of acceptance could indicate an underlying problem e.g. dental issues. If the horse was going happily in it beforehand, it may be worth checking this out.