could use alot of help in this decision!

maddielove

Visit site
right, my present yard situation is that i am at a fairly decent yard-lovely big indoor school, good stabling should i need it, floodlit ourdoor school and plenty of grazing. but the problem is...it's not very close to where i live which makes it harder for me to get out to see maddie. also, the YO knows nothing about horses and has poor management of her elctric fencing which is causeing many horses to become overwight[including maddie, which caused my dad to fall out with her because we had to pay extra for keeping her in during the day to drop some weight] also the hacking isnt good..and there is too muc roadwork involved..which isnt god for maddie's bad feet.
BUT! there is a yard within walking distance of my house which have livery available. this means i could keep maddie there and see her everyday which would mean she would be ridden more and get fitter. it's closer to the main riding centre in aberdeen where i could compete in sj leauges ifi wanted. there they also have an xc course[which i could ride to] and a huge sj sand paddock. there is loads of hacking through 2 forests and i can ride home if i want!!!! not to mention is also cheaper! the catch is, the indoor school isn't that big, the outdoor school isn;t floodlit[but is brilliant otherwise] they have no electric fencing[but have more sheltered grazing& more horses to eat down the grass in summer so weight shouldnt be much of a problem]
the thing is..i dont know if ishould move there..i waas wondering if any of you guys could see if it was a good idea to chose. i'd really like to..but i'm worried i'll regret it. please help if you can xxx

TequilaMist

Visit site
Hi I am in Aberdeen too.We are liveried Milltimber way.Where bouts are you?PM me if its better.Usually find theres pros and cons to EVERY yard but if you can ride horse more often and use sand paddock etc it sounds better option.I'm presuming its not hayfield as they have 2 indoor schools one small and bigger one.Will riding centre be ok with you using facilities if not a livery or client.Know hayfield used to let you use some if you joined their riding club but that was ages ago and they might have different rules now.
Would be easier if knew yard as know a few folk on different yards -not all yards in aberdeen but quite a few lol.Daughter competes so may have been at centre.Sorry couldn't be more help

dixie

Visit site
On reading your post it seems to me that a move would be best. There are no good features about the present yard other than the indoor school, which you obviously don't use because you can't get there often enough! If you are desperate to school in the winter maybe you could sometimes hire a local indoor school with the savings you are making.

There seems to be only good reasons to move.
Good luck in your decision.