Could worms cause bucking?

ridersince2002

Visit site
Out on a hack today and one of the horses who we know has worms who is on a good worming program (not completely infested, but deff. has them) started bucking. Shes not normally a bucker, but is being bought back into work SLOWLY as shes been at grass all summer recovering from a back problem. Seemed completely healed when we bought her back in 3 weeks ago. Her saddle slipped alot and bruised her back badly before she went out, and shes ovbiously changed shape and widened while at grass for so long, but she went out fine, and after half an hour the bucking started all of a sudden. I think its the saddle and her back, as does owner, but another (lovely, yet slightly mad, hope she doesnt read this!! :p ) lady at the yard is suggesting that it could have something to do with the worms.. :confused:
Were pretty sure its the saddle, and are getting that sorted, but we've never heard of worms causing a problem like this? Has anyone else heard of worms causing something like this? Just intresded if it might have something to do with it? Or maybe you know that if deffinately wouldnt be it? Any oppinions on it would be great please :)
Thank you :rolleyes:

Fairynuff

Visit site
never in all of my 51 years have I heard bucking blamed on worms!! Interesting theory but I would be looking for another reason eg the saddle. Would have her withers, back and saddle checked asap.

Dottie

Visit site
I have heard of a horse with a very heavy and persistent pinworm burden start bucking through sheer annoyance/uncomfortableness.