Council 'fobs off' riders' concerns over road surfaces....

carys220

Visit site
....and tells them that their horses should be wearing 'appropriate shoes'! What exactly are they?? They don't explain that, a nice pair of walking boots maybe??

http://www.horseandhound.co.uk/news/397/267642.html

shocked.gif
crazy.gif
mad.gif
smirk.gif

carys220

Visit site
I was riding along a road like this once, it was a new road with newly planted grass verges....we had no choice but to walk through the mud and leave very big hoofholes all the way along it!

Cuffey

Visit site
I cant imaging BHS Safety Dept havent heard about this but please CarmaandFlin get them involved in your problem--dismounting and leading on the road is totally against all BHS advice. I understand these SMA surfaces can be top-dressed with grit which gives horses/cyclists motor bikes etc a safer surface

ElvisandTilly

Visit site
Hadn't realised that getting off and leading is totally against BHS safety advice. We do have quite a few roads that are so slippy that you do have to get off and the council won't do anything to sort they just give the advise to get of and lead.

Our local saddle club had got involved with road surface problems with the council but haven't heard any updates on how its going. Will query it.

Thanks for the advice.
smile.gif

eckles

Visit site
I'd just like to say... South Gloucestershire council had a road such as this resurfaced patched up within a couple of weeks and fully top dressed within a month of me complaining about my horse sliding all over the place after I moved him into the area. OK, so I complained by letter, email and phone under a couple of difference names, but I can't fault their response. Noone fobbed me off with daft suggestions, they just got on with it.

Well done South Glos!