Country Marksman

kerrylou123

Visit site
Anybody used/seen Country Marksman. Receieved my information through the post this weekend from the stud, and im pretty sure this is the stallion im going to use on my TB mare, but just wondered what everybodies thoughts were!?!?!?

Thanks, Kerry xx

Irishcobs

Visit site
Not a fan of him really. I don't like his eye, his pastens seem odd and he looks top heavy, in the photos I've seen of him.

S_N

Visit site
I will say the same as I said to someone else on another forum.

I went to see their stallions last year (Loooooooong trip for me, but have family in the area, so combined the two
laugh.gif
) Anyway, Marksman just didn't do it for me tbh. Lovely horse, but not for my girl. Top Gun was good looking, but again wasn't convinced, though he has one helluva pop in him and he is siring some good horses. Lone Ranger, however, was just stunning! Their coloured pony was just gorgeous and I REALLY liked the big cob stallion that they had then - don't think he's there now though....

Just my opinion though, he may really strike you when you go and see him (which I assume that you will do?) You have to go with your gut instincts!

kerrylou123

Visit site
oh yes, will definately go and see him, and if im not taken by him, then the search will start again.
Theres a local stallion to me which is cob x TB who i have fallen in love with, the only trouble is the stud is useless, and hes at stud next yr for the first time... gutted eh?!?!!

samsaccount

Visit site
I would certainly consider the other stallions they have if you are not happy with Marksman, my person fav would be Top Dollar, or his sire Top Gun. But since I have not seen them I cannot exactly comment much further than that sorry...

kerrylou123

Visit site
its ok, thanks all of you for your input, its much appreciated!
Im a first timer at this, so i want everything to be right! As for the pasterns.... my mare had really long pastern, so bad a pasten is a no go!