Couple of jumping reports

star

Visit site
Been a bit quiet as the orange one has had a bit of a holiday but we went out again last weekend for an unaffiliated arena SJ/XC 1m class. He was last to go, hadn't walked the course as they ran much earlier than planned, got lost and yet somehow we left all the fences up and won! Have never won any kind of SJ class on him before as he almost always has a fence down and I normally ride for the smooth clear rather than the speed but after his holiday he was well up for it and dragged me round - I just steered and he was awesome! Actually came home in profit which is a first!

blog with video:
http://competitiondiary.blogspot.co.uk/2014/12/arena-eventing-training-and-competition.html

Today we went to BSJA at Parwood and did our 4th Discovery and 3rd 1.05m class. He was great. He had his usual unlucky rubs in both classes which is frustrating as he normally clears everything by miles apart from one fence where he just forgets to pick his feet up but compared to this time last year when I thought British Novice looked big and was hooking and pulling my way round I think we have come a long way and love him to bits!

Lots of pics and vids in my blog here:
http://competitiondiary.blogspot.co.uk/2014/12/bsja-parwood-13-12-14.html

Next stop dressage again - first Medium freestyle at Merrist Wood next weekend. Have finally got the flying changes sorted too - dressage trainer said some of them easily worth 7's in our last lesson so it looks like we're headed for an Advanced Medium next year! Amazing given it was only February that he won the Prelim Regionals. We've had the most incredible year! There's a Christmas of hunting and hacking for the superstar before we do some Jump Training and JAS and polish our dressage for the Winter Regionals. Just booked on an arena XC clinic with Lucinda Fredericks in Jan so hoping that will be very useful. Thinking lots of arena XC is great practice for the tricky skinnies we'll have to deal with at Badminton!

CAH7

Visit site
Wow! Great report. I am inspired! I love reading your reports and seeing your amazing all-round progression. Those 1.05 fences look huge to me, but then 90 is about my limit at the moment...! Best of luck with your medium, and looking forward to hearing all about it. :)