Couple of posts sent me investigating - TB breeding

Gingernags

Visit site
Just reading some of the "what breed" posts on here and others, set me investigating further the bloodlines of the ginger spacehopper.

Her dad is a full TB - Alfie Dickins (Oops, kept spelling it Dickens!) and the mare I bred her from, her sire was Picture Post.

So I've been digging on Allbreed Pedigree and have been quite chuffed with what I've found...

Her sires side - I recognise some of the names - Nearco, Nasrullah and Hyperion are in there. And on her grandsire (dams side) it goes back to Man o War and War Relic and Phalaris are in there, plus Sovereign Path on both sides.

Quite impressed really as some of those bloodlines connect with Northern Dancer etc.

She's rather well bred a long way back!

And looking at one photo - of Hyperion - maybe I can see where her round bum and big shoulders come from for a 3/4TB! And he was a ginge too whereas a lot of her "family" are grey...

Hyperion from TBHeritage.com
Ahyperion.jpg

Asti
photos310505011.jpg

I remember Twiggy is a Dutch Courage - but who else on here has famous breeding? I think its fascinating!

jemima

Visit site
Yay - my AA mare has two lines back to Northern Dancer and her Arab side is Crabbett. Didn't know it when I bought her but lots of research has shown that she's a classy little lass! It's nice to find it out though I was pleased with her when I first saw her - the breeding is just a bonus.

SSM

Visit site
Anybody want to know my girls pedigree?????
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

She comes from a long line of Cleveland Bays
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

Mulgrave Supreme was her great great great grandaddy
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

Me obsessed as you all seem to think - NO - just barking
grin.gif

kirstyfk

Visit site
I had a British Riding Pony who's grandsire was Bulch Valentino (can someone tell me the correct spelling)

My parents had a TB who's grandsire was Red Rum's sire.

My sister rode a Welton horse for a season.

Equibeau

Visit site
Snap again! My boy has Nasrullah and Hyperion on both sides. He is by a stallion standing in Ireland called Freddie's Star. I'd love to see a pic of him, but not had any luck on the net.

S_N

Visit site
OOoo Blinkin eck mate - she's well bred down on in there eh!!! Man O' War = WOW!!!! Only ever beaten once in his career, by a horse called Upset!

B is by Sportsnight VII, who was a Grandson of the infamous Nimmerdor. Sportsnights Mum was a daughter of Erdball, who sired Nick Skelton's Apollo

B's dam was a Grade A by Atlantus - attributed with being one of the 3 most influential stallions for the modern British Warmblood

threeponies

Visit site
I've got a Highland and her ancestors can be traced right back to the first Highland pony ever registered, but probably so can most other people's Highland! I don't know much about TB breeding, but I have heard of Hyperion so he must have been a good horse?

SSM

Visit site
Your pics did'nt work
frown.gif

PS Argue most influencial stallion of warmbloods - Mulgrave Supreme - he saved THE breed when the Queen bought him to stop him going to the States

S_N

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Your pics did'nt work
frown.gif

PS Argue most influencial stallion of warmbloods - Mulgrave Supreme - he saved THE breed when the Queen bought him to stop him going to the States

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't figure out why they didn't work
confused.gif

Mulgrave Supreme helped to save an OLD British Warmblood - I said modern
tongue.gif
tongue.gif

SSM

Visit site
Narrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggghhhhhhhhh!!!!!

That is the problem with the breed - they are perceived as old fashioned - someone needs to bring them into the 21st Century and promote what they can do.

SN this was not aimed at you - it's just how I feel!!!!

Heidi1

Visit site
Here is the breeding of some of mine, well my three girls.

DSCF0292.jpg

Spur of Gold (ex-flat racer), by Flying Spur out of Tony's Ridge (Indian Ridge), on sires side she has Danehill, Danzig, Native Dancer and Norther Dancer.

DSCF0289.jpg

Millicent by Criminal Law out of Lou Lou (Welsh D), sires side War Admiral, dams side Powysvalley Talisman...... War Admiral if I remember rightly is the horse that SeaBiscuit raced against.....

DSCF0294.jpg

Just Zara by Tudorville out of Amma Tamma, has Hyperion in her breeding.

All three girls are related via their sires.......

I love looking into breeding.........
grin.gif

Scarlett

Visit site
my TB is by Erhaab (Derby winner in 94) and his dam (Bassmat) is by Cadeaux Generale (sp?) who was a well respected sprinter and then sire.... his bloodlines have Northern Dancer, Secretariat, and a few other decent horses... I got him from a woman who had bought him from the sales, he had actually been quite a decent racehorse at 3 and his trainer had planned big things for him, however various things went wrong and he ended up at the sales - the trainer tried to buy him back and missed out.... and now he's being aimed at some xc and ht.......

Gingernags

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
This is PF's family tree
smile.gif

Doesn't really mean alot to me although I've done a bit of research on her relations' track records (Mum's is appalling!!)

PF5GenPedsmall.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

ADpedigree.png

Asti's Dad has quite a few the same... so PF and Asti are distant cousin-y type horses! Aaaah, bless!

Twiglet

Visit site
Can't post piccies on here - cruel work internet servers!

But my boy is out of a racing mare called Stardust who was by Hopton Lane. One of Hopton Lane's other offspring is currently competing 4* with Phoebe Buckley - The Busker.

My boy's daddy is the great Trakehner sire Roland, a very successful eventer, who's other 'boys' are the standing stallions at the Godington stud - Hannibal, Borsalino and Tennessee.

I've definitely been bitten by the Trakehner bug as a result!

vicijp

www.vicijpricehorses.co.uk
Heres the breeding on the horses i have in at the moment.
The Cheekster, by an american bred stallion who won 18 on the flat in Belgium(we stood him for 2 seasons). My family bred his dam from an unregistered mare brought form Ludlow market, she won a few over hurldes. He is a half brother to a hurdle winner, p to p winner, and bumper placed. HGe is closely related to a champion hurlde winner.
http://www.pedigreequery.com/the+cheekster
Made In France, out of a french bred mare and by an Irish stallion.
http://www.pedigreequery.com/made+in+france3
Elizafitz, very american bred.
http://www.pedigreequery.com/index.php?q...&f=1&l=
Argy Bargy (officially unamed), by Dr Massini out of an unraced mare who is closely related to 10 black type winners in first 3 generations, including Mrs Muck. Dr Massini's breeding - http://www.pedigreequery.com/dr+massini
Champagne Cocktail, multicultural pedigree. His stallion is champion sire in Argentina, and has a high winners/runners strike rate over jumps in Britain. He is closely related to a lot of winners, was probably bred to win the derby.
http://www.pedigreequery.com/champagne+cocktail3
Small filly (unamed), she is out of this mare and is a half sister to a group 3 winner -
http://www.pedigreequery.com/miss+bussell2
She is by this stallion, who stands in Sweden (we brought the mare in foal from there).
http://www.pedigreequery.com/terroir2

siennamum

Visit site
I feel quite sad reading this. We bred the most beautiful foal from a much loved Solway Master Bronze mare, by Hopton Lane in the late 70's who we lost to grass sickness when he was 3, broke our hearts.

TGM

Visit site
Chance, my 7/8 TB mare also has Nearco and Hyperion in her pedigree, but I have a suspicion that the majority of TBs if you go back far enough! Here's hers:

chancepedigree.jpg

siennamum

Visit site
I think Sienna is extremely well bred for her type. Her dam was by Be Friendly - one of my all time favourite sires. Dad was by Legaun Prince, best of Irish breeding.

Another stallion I would always favour in a bloodline is Kalydon, he produced Coal Face - Miners Lamp's dad, & was the sire of my best eventer back in the late 70's
shocked.gif

S_N

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
Another stallion I would always favour in a bloodline is Kalydon, he produced Coal Face - Miners Lamp's dad, & was the sire of my best eventer back in the late 70's
shocked.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Miner was by High Top who won the 2000 Guineas in 1972. His dam was the mare Coal Face, by Kalydon