Course blades for clipping?

Spyda

Visit site
I've a dirty great, thick coated horse to clip. He's not lost any of his winter coat and is a traditional cob type. He's sweating into a foam under this neck strap and saddle, and even sweats badly trotting about his paddock - time to clip of the fur.

I've a set of Liveryman Mustang clippers and was thinking of using a course set of blades to clip him, and then maybe going over him in a set of medium if I need to. Is this a good idea or should I just start with the medium blades? I usually clip immaculate TB's and WB's so am not used to the thick, course coat of this type of horse. I bathed him two days ago, so he's as clean as he can be
smile.gif

Spyda

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
I used to use cattle blades (think they are A2, standard blades are A0) on an old cushings pony

[/ QUOTE ]

The blades that came with the clippers are A2's. I got them as being Medium blades?

Cahill

Visit site
if your clippers are in good order and your blades are sharp,they should tackle any coat.

course,medium and fine refer to the lenght of hair that is left after,fine being a shorter cut.

Spyda

Visit site
Ah, so may still be useful to clip the long hair off with course blades and see how he looks.