Covering certificate

dunc_n_toby

Visit site
sorry if this is in the wrong place but wasn't sure where to put it.
My mare returned from stud in September, I still haven't received a covering certificate.Is this normal? I thought I would get one around October time at the end of the breeding season

sallyf

Visit site
We always send ours out after Oct 1st except for any mares that were not in foal.
Many of the very big studs expect you to request them though so try giving them a call.

magic104

www.jc-countryside.co.uk
You should get you covering certificate when the mare is scanned in-foal at least. I would not worry too much though did not get Sas's until after she had foaled! but I would persue it now rather then later.

Maesfen

Extremely Old Nag!
photobucket.com
Providing you have paid all of the stud fee and keep etc then there is no reason to withold and you should have had your certificate by now unless mare and stallion are thoroughbreds in which case it might have been registered online (sorry can't remember!
blush.gif
) If that's the case give Weatherbys a ring to check (01933 440077) It might be they haven't got round to sending any out yet which is a bit shoddy IMO however big or small the stud might be, so I would give them a call and remind them cos you obviously need it to register any foal you'll have. It needs to be done now rather than later however long your mare has to go.