Covering certificates

Super_Kat

www.myspace.com
I recieved mine when my mare was certified in foal
laugh.gif

Maesfen

Extremely Old Nag!
photobucket.com
All depends but usually at the end of the stud season, posiblt Octoberish when the stallion owner knows how many to order from their society (over a certain number they sometimes have to pay for them so makes sense to know exactly how many to order) Some societies can take online certificates (Weatherbys do I know) in which case a certificate is not sent to you but lodged online with the society; if the mare changes ownership before foaling you have to send the passport for amending and the new owner will be credited as breeding the foal.

trelawnyhorses1

Visit site
Well that has always been the case for us that the end of the season we would get one sent nut we have only ever really had dealings with two studs but last yr we used a different stud and i have still not got my certificate, sent numerous emails left numerous answer phone msgs and this isnt just a small stud its a large well known stud
Think il contact the stud book see what they can do

Maesfen

Extremely Old Nag!
photobucket.com
Are you talking thoroughbred stud or other? It could just be that it has been lodged with Weatherbys 'on-line' in which case you won't get a certificate at all; it's all been done for you. I think when foal is born you just notify them (haven't had to do that cos Archie belonged to Sara before he was born but the covering certificate was lodged online before I sold her, if that helps If it is a TB give Weatherbys a ring and ask for Stud Dept 01933 440077

Maesfen

Extremely Old Nag!
photobucket.com
OOOoohh!!!!!!!

That doesn't sound good does it? (I'm supposed to be using a SPSB horse next year, hope it isn't the norm! ) No chance they do them centrally (from the society, not the actual stud) or they do them online either I suppose? Out of interest, who did you use? - pm if you like!

Maesfen

Extremely Old Nag!
photobucket.com
[ QUOTE ]
but last yr we used a different stud and i have still not got my certificate, sent numerous emails left numerous answer phone msgs and this isnt just a small stud its a large well known stud
Think il contact the stud book see what they can do

[/ QUOTE ]

Just re read all the posts, dumb that I am; does this mean you actually have this year's foal on the ground with no covering cert to show for it? If that IS the case unless I read it wrongly, then I would be onto the society PDQ. At the very least they should be able to give the stud a boot up the backside and get it sorted (I presume they have to give mare names when they apply for CCs from them?), that is appalling behaviour from people you assume to be professionals.

Do let us know what you get sorted.

trelawnyhorses1

Visit site
yup i hav this years foal on the ground wel il try to ring the stud book tomorrow if i get time but got to leave for britsh breeders sale, we have a spsb stallion at work and we have to issue them our selves. but im thinking that the dna if all else fails will prove to the studbook that he is by the sire in question,
what has angered me is i have a foal by a graded stallion which may as well as been by a stallion in a field down the road cuz who will take my word that he is by sed stallion with out papers!!

Maesfen

Extremely Old Nag!
photobucket.com
I'm not surprised you are angry - I would be livid.
Not only are you left with a foal and no sire to its name but the stud have taken your stud fee under false pretences if they haven't completed their agreement, ie: a certificate for proof.
If they still refuse to acknowledge foal I would be all for naming and shaming else it'll happen to another poor barsteward next year too.
IMO, the society should suspend all certificates from this stud until they get their act in order; that is a serious breach of conduct I would have thought and will do the society no good at all publicity wise. Perhaps people power would have some effect on the stud's rudeness.

Good luck tomorrow; which stallion do you stand?