Covid affecting 2021 fixtures

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
I feel so sorry for the Bolesworth team. They are so hard working and forward thinking, but circumstances conspire.

The organising team have had to contend with fire (Liverpool arena multi story car park fire on Dec 31 2017 which destroyed over 1000 vehicles during the Liverpool International Horse Show), flood (Equerry Bolesworth International Horse Show closed to spectators June 2019 after severe flooding),and now in 2020 the Covid plague forced the International Horse show to be cancelled altogether.

They did manage to run the Young Horse Championships this last August, but without spectators.

Pinkvboots

Visit site
I am so frustrated with this COVID stuff now. Our Government should be ashamed of itself for keeping everyone isolated and scared. Its about time the main media stop scaremongering and ruling this country and things got back to normal. There is no second wave coming, there is no significant increase in deaths from CV19 (the increase currently being spouted by the media is from the fact more people are being tested so of course there is going to be an increase in reported cases!) our NHS should be back to concentrating on other health issues rather than this obsessive focus on one virus that literally hasn't lived up to its expected 'wipe out the human race' apocolypse!

I actually agree and the death figures are no where near correct, we went to London at the weekend I have never seen the roads and streets so empty, half the shops are closed I think we just have to get on with it otherwise businesses are going to be in trouble.

Muddywellies

Visit site
I actually agree and the death figures are no where near correct, we went to London at the weekend I have never seen the roads and streets so empty, half the shops are closed I think we just have to get on with it otherwise businesses are going to be in trouble.
I just wish they would give us THE FULL and ACCURATE stats. It's fairly common knowledge that the death figures are (or were) incorrect. Now with this recent increase in cases, I wish they would also show the number of tests carried out (regardless of the result) Then it would be easy to see if the increase in cases correlates with the increase in testing, or indeed, if there actually IS an increase in cases. I'm off to do some Googling now to see if such figures are hidden away somewhere.
Edited to add, I just had a quick Google and have found 2 articles, one a BBC article, stating that testing has increased by 80% since mid June.

Last edited:

Muddywellies

Visit site
I just wish they would give us THE FULL and ACCURATE stats. It's fairly common knowledge that the death figures are (or were) incorrect. Now with this recent increase in cases, I wish they would also show the number of tests carried out (regardless of the result) Then it would be easy to see if the increase in cases correlates with the increase in testing, or indeed, if there actually IS an increase in cases. I'm off to do some Googling now to see if such figures are hidden away somewhere.
Edited to add, I just had a quick Google and have found 2 articles, one a BBC article, stating that testing has increased by 80% since mid June.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/health-54064347

Muddywellies

Visit site
It isnt only deaths though- having covid can have such a devastating effect on the body you never really recover and can spend months learning to do basic things like swallow, or breathe.
Absolutely. But the stats they are giving us may not be putting things into perspective. Not saying they are all wrong (tho some have been terribly inaccurate) but I'd like to see them give us a percentage increase in cases based on numbers tested, rather than simply the increase in cases.

southerncomfort

Visit site
I think it's worth remembering how long it takes to die of covid too. We won't actually know if the death rate is rising or not for another week or two.

Also, its reappearing in care homes too.

I would genuinely like nothing more than to just ignore it and get on with life but none of us know what it's going to do over winter. I don't think it's done with us yet unfortunately so it's sensible to be cautious.

ETA i wish they'd release hospital admission figures as that would give us a better picture of how many are falling seriously ill.

Abi90

Visit site
It isnt only deaths though- having covid can have such a devastating effect on the body you never really recover and can spend months learning to do basic things like swallow, or breathe.

But here’s the thing, so do many other viruses, two of my friends at uni had glandular fever and as a result one has ME and the other has chronic post viral fatigue. That’s from a fairly common and “harmless” virus with no vaccine

I’m not saying that it can’t be dangerous, of course, but so can so many other things and I feel we have become so risk averse as a society because of this that people have lost the ability to risk manage for themselves

DiNozzo

Visit site