Covid and Show rules

holeymoley

Visit site
I’m really struggling to get my head around what can and can’t be done for shows in Scotland due to Covid-19. Probably as I’ve not really followed it that closely as I had never had any plans of going out this year. However there seems to be some crossed opinions and I’d like to know what is and isn’t supposed to be done, more for showing shows if possible. I’ve heard things from a bubble of 5 only per class and those 5 must all do the same classes?

Visit site
There is the government sporting guidelines that suggest organisers of sporting events keep to 30 person maximum bubbles.

Puddledub have recently held 2 showing shows with a pony section and a horse section. You could enter one section, not both. When the 30 person limit was reached entries were closed. You could enter as many classes as you like with as many ponies as you like in your 30 person bubble. There was an hour gap between ponies and horses so all pony competitors could leave before horses arrived, everything had a time - a time for warm up, class etc and you HAD to return to your lorry when you weren't competing. All entries were done and paid for before hand. You were handed your number as you drove in.

Then you get some shows - like Strathkelvin who let anyone and everyone enter, no limits on numbers etc, people paying on the day, crossinh sections, standing chatting, socialiaing etc and when you question why they aren't following government guidelines you either get ignored or abused.

I would far rather go to a limited show than a free for all just now. Racing is so well regulated I don't think I could cope with a show carrying on as normal just now!

holeymoley

Visit site
This is what’s confusing me. How are strathkelvin getting away with it? I’m aware of a show which was held at the weekend that had a similiar situation and think it’s totally disgraceful. I know Fiona with Puddledub has really struggled to do anything this year because she is following the rules.

holeymoley

Visit site
On a side note I think you may be on the same showing page on faceache that I am. I haven’t commented, I wondered what others would say about strathkelvin.

holeymoley

Visit site
I see you’ve had a reply.

The event which ran at the weekend had people pile out a lorry and sit with a table and chairs out with it for a chinwag. The rules implemented weren’t enforced re spectating. A few wore masks but probably more than double didnt.

Visit site
I gave up on the idea of going to shows in March this year so my lot have been left manky in the field! I am also lazy and wouldnt travel as far as Lanark. If they weren't so arsey about replying to my queries then I would probably have dropped it long ago.

But the desperate want their ribbons and thus will defend their right to do so regardless of the consequences.