Crate for Car

EventingMum

Visit site
I wondered if anyone could help as I've searched and searched and not found anything so far. I'm looking for a crate for the back seat of my pick up for my two JRTs. I don't like the idea of putting them in the back of the pick up as one in particular gets stressed, isn't a great traveller and likes to be reassured also my mobility scooter is often in there so there wouldn't be much room for a crate as well. The problem arises as I like to travel them in separate compartments as the eldest can be a bit grumpy with the other one and in an enclosed space feel this could possibly escalate into a fight if the younger one annoyed him (in the house they're fine as a warning from the older one means the younger one moves away). The crate I have is fine except that the door is on the front and it's difficult to put them as, due to a lack of space, the only way to do so is from between the front seats. So it would be so much easier if I could find a crate with a divider that had doors on each end. We don't take them out often but do use it when we take them on holiday with us.

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
i have an atlas crate which has doors which slide so they can go in seperately...this is a large one, room for a lurcher and collie cross

jailbirds.jpg

EventingMum

Visit site
Thank you both, splashgirl45 we already have an Atlas crate with divider which is great except that the doors are on the front so we have to "post" the dogs through from between the front seats so if there was something with a door on each end ie one door into each compartment it would be easier and we would be able to put them in via the back doors of the car.

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
i have a freelander and have the back seats down and the dogs would get in via the side door. the pic shows the crate facing the back but i like to see them in case they are ill or too hot etc which is why i swapped it round...obviously this means i only have one passenger seat available if i also have dogs in the car. i now only have the collie cross so may look for a smaller single one as long as i can resist getting another dog, but it is early days and cant think about it at the moment...

MiJodsR2BlinkinTite

Slopping along on a loose rein somewhere in Devon
Visit site
Try Lintran. I bought a lovely double crate for my two dogs. If you go onto their website you can feed in the make and model of your car and they'll give you the crates which will suit your car.

Beware of the cheapie ones on e-bay, they'll shake rattle & roll and not only get on your nerves when you're driving but also the noise of them will unsettle your dogs too.

I really recommend Lintran; excellent product and great customer service too. I needed their crate urgently as I was doing a longish journey, and they pulled out every stop to get the item to me on time. It comes ready delivered too, you don't have to faff about assembling anything, its all ready for use! And when not needed you can just lift it out. I can do it on my own.

EventingMum

Visit site
i have a freelander and have the back seats down and the dogs would get in via the side door. the pic shows the crate facing the back but i like to see them in case they are ill or too hot etc which is why i swapped it round...obviously this means i only have one passenger seat available if i also have dogs in the car. i now only have the collie cross so may look for a smaller single one as long as i can resist getting another dog, but it is early days and cant think about it at the moment...

Thanks, I think that's the difference, with a pick up there's no option to put the back seats down and no space in the cab behind the back seats unfortunately. I totally agree though the Atlas crates are very good, it's the pick up that's the problem!

Try Lintran. I bought a lovely double crate for my two dogs. If you go onto their website you can feed in the make and model of your car and they'll give you the crates which will suit your car.

Beware of the cheapie ones on e-bay, they'll shake rattle & roll and not only get on your nerves when you're driving but also the noise of them will unsettle your dogs too.

I really recommend Lintran; excellent product and great customer service too. I needed their crate urgently as I was doing a longish journey, and they pulled out every stop to get the item to me on time. It comes ready delivered too, you don't have to faff about assembling anything, its all ready for use! And when not needed you can just lift it out. I can do it on my own.

Thanks, I'll have a look at Lintran now :)