critique plz

noggin123

Visit site
ok would like to know what i need to improve, im working on my hands and know they need to be up higher. heels also need to stay down over the jumps but i think that my stirrups may be too long. not sure though so any ohter critique welcome ill put a video then some picz
smile.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSWovkLL-io

DSCN0799.jpg

DSCN0785.jpg

DSCN0781.jpg

ce6ea036.jpg

22f3ec5a.jpg

DSCN0760.jpg

sorry their so big, more pics at www.photobucket.com search noggin123 read only pass = noggin123

MissDeMeena

Visit site
All looks fine to me.. why do you think your hands need to go 'higher'??
For the size of the jump, i'd say you look to be pitching forwards a bit too much (infront of the movement)! But then being an eventer, i like to be behind the movement if anything...
try putting them up a bit, you both look more than able
wink.gif

fjudge

Visit site
The pics are fab!! All i would say, from watching the video, try not to totally loose the contact before the jump. (ie: dont push your hands to far forwards coming into the jump as then you get baggy reins). When they get bigger he will need your contact to help him and he may try and dodge them otherwise!!!
wink.gif
x

Rachel_M

Visit site
I think when you say higher, do you mean as in not dropping your hands on his neck?

I agree with FJudge about the dodging.

At the sizes you are jumping at the moment you only need to give a small amount. Push on from the leg and not the hand.

You look like you are doing really well all around!

Ginn

Visit site
Your jumping is very good! Try and sit up more on approach to the fences and keep a contact through legs, seat and hands. You look to be very slightly infront of the movement so basically shift your center of gravity back a bit. I was once told that your belly button shouldn't move as you go over a fence - i.e. when you fold, your bum needs to go back as much as your upper body goes forward, thus maintaining your center of gravity. Shoulders forwards and up, boobs out, look up, bum back and most importantly smile and breathe! Having said all that it is much easier said then done - my position is appauling and if anything I get too far behind the movement! Your position is by far better than mine is so keep up the good work!

serena2005

Visit site
i dont think there is anything worng with your postition at this stage,

by watching the video, i get the impression your instructor is encouraging you to push your hands forward so you do not pull the horses mouth, as your riding improves so will your jumping postition and instead of just getting over the jump you will be riding into the jump, if you get what i mean!!

i would just tell you to enjoy what you are learning and dont get too serious you look fine.

noggin123

Visit site
ive jumped him a lot bigger and did so that day just before the photographer got the camera working. i do worry a lot about jabbing him in the mouth as hes very sensitive and i dont want to hurt him.

huggy_bear :I think when you say higher, do you mean as in not dropping your hands on his neck?

yes kind of. i worked on my hands on the flat today and they definitely felt more in place.

Puppy

Visit site
Noggin123, pretty please can you make your sig smaller?

I know that you're new, but huge sigs slow up the forum and spoil it for people trying to read.

It should be no more than the length of the advertising banner at the top of the page, and preferably half the height it currently is.

Thanks,

H