Croft End Equestrian Centre, Knotts Lane, arbsley, Oldham,

Stella

Visit site
Anyone know this place? Can you comment on its standards and suitability for riding lessons for a child?

Or anywhere else in Oldham that could be recommended?

moodymare1987

Visit site
hiya that riding school is just down the road from me, i would say go there for lessons, they have a wide selection of horses and its a nice yard aswell, good facilities, they have an indoor, outdoor they take rides out down the bridle paths. and they also do courses up there.
here you go found website http://www.croft-end.co.uk/

Stella

Visit site
Thanks
smile.gif

Louby

Visit site
Ive taken my horse and hired their arena both indoor and out. It seems a really nice place. Both arenas are great especially the outdoor.

moodymare1987

Visit site
Ive been on work exp up there and ive hired out the outdoor arena, and they have decent jumps aswell and enough to set up a course.xxx Its probably the best riding school i know anyway xxx

Louby

Visit site
Ah the jumps, remember them well. They were all neatly stacked together and my wimpy boy was scared to death of them!!
My friend has a jumping lesson some weekends, cant remember what the trainers called, she hacks over, lives quite local too.
We are hoping to get over in December for some more lessons, maybe this time I will get him through the stabley bit into the indoor school. He tip toed in last time!

moodymare1987

Visit site
lmao i had the same problem when i went my pony had hear failure. well needless to say i ended up hitting the deck, she wasnt used to jumping anything colourfull, lol but by the end she loved it, andrew hamilton comes in a couple of times a year to do lessons, never got round to going on it but apparantly very good. xx

Louby

Visit site
It was awful, we had hired the indoor arena for a lesson and ended up with an audience. Ok if you look the part but my boy was traumatised by the seating area, the bloke painting hidden somewhere half way down on the left (long time since Ive been) and ran round like a giraffe for an hour with instructor screaching at me! Expect the same next time LOL.

fairhill

Visit site
I've been there for a lesson on their mechanical horse - the instructor was fantastic. I saw a childs lesson going on whilst I was waiting and it looked very good. The lady who runs the school is lovely, and very helpful. One of the best schools around...

Dogbetty141

Visit site
I used to work there and was there for 7 years as a helper. It is a good school and has some very good ponies on the yard. Avoid Murphy a big piebald he is horrid throws his weight about.

Good otherwise.

Stella

Visit site
Thank you all, its really helpful to have info from people who and been, and especially worked, there. The lessons would be a gift for a child who has no previous experience of horses and I don't live in that area, so I won't have the opportunity to check the place out for myself first!