Cross Country Boots

lisab

Visit site
My horse is very allergic to neoprene and I am finding it difficult to get him some xc boots. I had some NEW fleece ones with reinforced backs/fronts and they were fab but when I went to replace them, the sizing had changed - the mediums are too small and the medium/wides are too big.

He is ok with orthopaedic foam and has some NEW brushing boots but I can't get any xc boots with the foam - they all seem to be neoprene.

I have found some Dalmar event boots that are made from carbon fibre.

Does anyone know, please:-

(a) If a horse is allergic to neoprene, is he likely to be allergic to carbon fibre too?

(b) Of any other xc boots that are not made of neoprene.

Ideas pretty please - I have a ODE in 3 weeks and 5 days. Thanks!

christine48

Visit site
I use the Dalmar boots, I don't know whether your horse would be allergic to them. Have you tried tubigrip under your oots, a lot of event riders do that.

kerilli

Visit site
i'd avoid Dalmar. just sold my immaculate pair on ebay actually. the strike pads are carbonfibre and there are pics on here of a pair of boots where the pad shattered on impact. wrote off the horse. :( :( :(
the Ecogold ones have no neoprene and I think they're the best I've ever found. excellent design in every way. HorseinSport is the U.K. stockist, or you can buy online at
https://www.ecogold.ca/advanced_search_result.php?keywords=boots&x=0&y=0

KatB

Visit site
Just to add, i'd also avoid dalmar. Whoever thought making boots out of a material designed to shatter on impact was slightly lacking IMHO!

horseywelsh

Visit site
prem equine xtreme eventing boots are foam not neoprene and for the money i'm v.impressed. Lightweight and fit v.well!

ditto I bought a set of these at the start of the year (and they were 2011 stock so much reduced, think they still have some left too), only used a few times to date but i've been impressed by them.

lisab

Visit site
Thanks very much. I'm glad I mentioned the Dalmar ones and won't buy them. I will look up the other ones you mentioned and see.

Thanks again.