Cross country colours - suggestions please

PolarSkye

Visit site
So we've changed Kal's jumping tack - bought him a new saddle, breastplate, bridle, boots, etc. in brown - and it really, really suits him (we didn't change it b/c of colour, we just ended up with a brown saddle and bought the rest). For SJ'ing, Z will keep her blue (very nice Pikeur) jacket and he'll continue to jump in the navy LeMieux ProSport numnah . . . however, we thought it might be fun to change up his XC colours. He's grey (mostly white now - with very chestnutty fleabites), with a mostly white mane and tail, Z's body protector is black (not changing that) and his eventing boots are brown. Z HATES green so that's out - but what else would work? Oh, and Z's jods are white and her boots are black. Her hat currently has a black hat silk - but that could change.

P

Lolo

Visit site
Brown tack is as neutral as black really, so I'd go for something that is relatively meaningful for you. Al has her pink and blue because that's what she got when she turned 13 and got them off ebay for a b'day present. 6 years later and she won't let them go! It just happens the colours Reg raced under were also blue and pink, which was rather nice.

Personally, I don't like 'jazzy' arms. I don't think it ever comes off very well, or stands out enough. So I'd go really neutral with a bold hat silk so you can pick them out easily :D The exception to jazzy arms is chequered patterns I think, which do look good.

I wouldn't go all pink because Z's not a child/ teenager, and it doesn't look overly smart. But bright colours always look good on greys- I reckon yellow would really suit him, and always make him look cleaner :D And it would be easy to do- plain yellow silk, plain yellow top, sorted.

PolarSkye

Visit site
Brown tack is as neutral as black really, so I'd go for something that is relatively meaningful for you. Al has her pink and blue because that's what she got when she turned 13 and got them off ebay for a b'day present. 6 years later and she won't let them go! It just happens the colours Reg raced under were also blue and pink, which was rather nice.

Personally, I don't like 'jazzy' arms. I don't think it ever comes off very well, or stands out enough. So I'd go really neutral with a bold hat silk so you can pick them out easily :D The exception to jazzy arms is chequered patterns I think, which do look good.

I wouldn't go all pink because Z's not a child/ teenager, and it doesn't look overly smart. But bright colours always look good on greys- I reckon yellow would really suit him, and always make him look cleaner :D And it would be easy to do- plain yellow silk, plain yellow top, sorted.

Yellow . . . I like! So yellow numnah/square too?

P

Lolo

Visit site
I'm not a fan of coloured numnahs, because I have spent far too long in the PC! Maybe white with yellow binding though... Could be used for the other phases too that way!

PolarSkye

Visit site
I'm not a fan of coloured numnahs, because I have spent far too long in the PC! Maybe white with yellow binding though... Could be used for the other phases too that way!

White just makes him look dirty - his base colour is more a creamy colour (and, no, he's not dirty) which is why we don't use a white dressage square (his is dark grey) for the stressage phase and navy blue for SJing.

I guess we could use navy blue with the yellow? And perhaps have Z wear navy blue and yellow?

chestnut cob

community.webshots.com
White just makes him look dirty - his base colour is more a creamy colour (and, no, he's not dirty) which is why we don't use a white dressage square (his is dark grey) for the stressage phase and navy blue for SJing.

I guess we could use navy blue with the yellow? And perhaps have Z wear navy blue and yellow?

Yellow and navy would look great! I am always slightly envious of people with greys as you can do pretty much any colour! I have a rather odd coloured bay roan, so am pretty much limited to green or navy.

How about a yellow hat silk and navy top, and maybe navy saddlecloth with yellow binding?