Cross Country Colours

Parkranger

Visit site
Following on from the bling and traditional posts - what are your cross country colours?

I'm thinking emerald green and black for a liver chestnut??

Where do you get your cross country clothing from?

Thanks
grin.gif

Evadiva1514

Visit site
My colours are cream and blue. My body protector is from Rodney Powell. They do them to order in any colour you like!!

Heres a picture:

beccs2XX.jpg

Parkranger

Visit site
that's a point - my body protector is a bit lighter than navy blue....mmmm, maybe blue for me...not sure it will suit the liver chestnut boy though!

_April_

Visit site
I use Red with navy and white trimmings on my Bay as thats what she came with.
I would have chosen green and navy but, as thats what my old horse who was PTS had, I went off of those colours, (stupid I know!)

The stuff that didn't come with her I mostly got off of Ebay.

Evadiva1514

Visit site
are you hoping to have your b/protector over your colours or underneath?? When i had my old B/protector i always used to wear it over my clothes as it seemed a bit uncomfortable underneath my colours... So when i was looking for a new one i went for a Rodney powell coloured body protector so then i only have to wear a top underneath...
grin.gif

Only thing is they are a bit of a pain if you get mud splatters on them!!
wink.gif

Eliza120280

Visit site
At the minute I have a navy rodney powell body protector and wear a light blue long sleeved top underneath. My silk is either black or navy! When money permits (!) I want to get a customised RP back protector in some nice colours - not sure what would suit a bright bay though?!
smile.gif

RachelB

Visit site
Get something that stands out so you are easy to spot when you're looking for photos at the photographers' tent! My friend has bright blue and yellow, works a treat with her humungous horse as well!
My chestnut Welshie had navy and bottle green colours. I have seen a chestnut with bright orange XC colours, which was so awful it almost worked! Not quite though...
My grey is navy and purple, I thought pink and purple would be a bit much (and she's not a 'pretty' girl anyway!). I have a black body protector though.

sorona

Visit site
My boy is chestnut flaxen and I would buy Navy, green and gold for him if i was ever brave enough to do XC, lol! I think green is always a great colout with a liver chestnut. If he is really dark it is always good to go for some strong contrast or it doesnt show up in the pictures. My boy always photos better than my daughters as he is brighter!

sevenoceans

Visit site
I had old liver chestnut we go by with Bottle green and navy binding, Green looks better on Livers... I don't bother now with my current horse (chestnut) as my back protecter (RP) is Black as it used to be nightmare keeping it clean if light coloured.... i just add white or light blue polo shirt or long sleeved white rugby shirt, Black hat cover.

SillyMare

Visit site
White long sleeve top with maroon Rodney Powell body protector and white hat silk with maroon stars.

Colours bought for India (very dark bay) but now used on Lexi (bright chestnut) and Molly (bright bay).

Actually the white hat silk (from Treehouse) has been a great purchase because it makes my pictures really obvious on the photographer stand.

Maloo

Visit site
My daughter - Beth (millbrook song) has a bright orange RP body protector (a standard colour of theirs!) with an orange polo shirt with emerald green stars (from Treehouse) and an orange hat silk with green starts and a green pom pom (again Treehouse) she also has a long sleeved T-shirt in orange for colder days! Me - Well I've just got a boring navy BP that goes under a red sweatshirt with cream stock and cream jods - plain but smart i think (oh and cheap!!)