Cross Country lessons/clinics (there's a catch!) - Also in C/R

Trolt

Visit site
Just wondered if anyone knew of any Cross country clinics, or could recommend any cross country instructors Oxford area?

It's my best friends birthday in a month, and I was wondering about paying for her to have a cross country lesson. She's been schooling a few times, but never had lessons from an eventer. Her and her horse are doing their first ODE next weekend (2'3). Her goal for this year is the September 3DE at Milton Keynes. So I know that a cross country lesson would be appreciated.

She keeps her horse just outside of Oxford, but has access to transport, so could travel wider afield for the lesson.

I live in Suffolk, so have no idea of reputations/facilities in Oxford, thus your suggestions needed! Either an instructor who would travel to a course, or perhaps a group clinic that is taking place? Even arena eventing would be fine - I just have no idea what's available and who is recommended.
My best mate isn't worried about names and "who's who" in the eventing world. It doesn't have to be someone famous ... just someone friendly, approachable and good.

The catch is ... her horse is a paso fino. This means he is gaited. It's not an issue to us, he doesn't trot (his trot is replaced by a gait called corto) but does canter and jumps brilliantly. However, the instructor needs to be open minded and accepting of this. Have had some sneer in disgust, or declare there is nothing they can do about it ... or try and spend the whole session teaching him to trot :rolleyes: . I'd obviously explain prior to booking, and make sure they are ok with it as well, but I figure it's worth mentioning!

Pictures of them together just to show they can jump, and aren't going to be a huge embarrassment ;) button pushers please note: I took these pictures, own the copy right to them, and have my friends full permission to publicly display them!

526506_10151427889800181_632870180_23552407_1765740549_n.jpg

541510_10151427875125181_632870180_23552345_178919743_n.jpg

538420_10151427878400181_632870180_23552355_1902709975_n.jpg

Trolt

Visit site
What side of Oxford? South and I might know of a few! Lovely horse!

She's North West, but I'll willingly take any suggestions!

I'm going to present her with a list of dates and locations and let her select the one which suits.

Thanks for the help and comments :) He is a fantastic horse - can be difficult at times, but got a cracking jump on him.

Spangie

Visit site
crown farm is good at Ascot-u-wychwood. i would recommend Lyneham heath, but looks like she's already been there from pics!, Boomerang is good too. can't think of any names, but Lyneham and Boomerang have riders on site who do lessons!

dafthoss

Visit site
How about seeing if you can get her one at milton keynes if she wants to do the 3 day. Admitedly I dont have a clue how far away that is from her so might not be feesable but a good lesson round there would fill them both with confidence.

She has a lovely horse though :)

Girlracer

Visit site
How about seeing if you can get her one at milton keynes if she wants to do the 3 day. Admitedly I dont have a clue how far away that is from her so might not be feesable but a good lesson round there would fill them both with confidence.

She has a lovely horse though :)

If you decide to do this (might be a good idea for her to school there as i know she wants to do the september 3de) there are a few on at the end of may. Also a clinic specifically dedicated to the 3de and you get to use the steeplechase too.