Crufts Photos!

UnaB

Visit site
I realise my Crufts thread is a bit late but its been rather chaotic the last few days what with going to Crufts 2 days and then starting a new job yesterday and having a minor car disaster yesterday night too...!!!

Annnyway...

Showed the two basenji girls thursday. Had an OK day considering the judge wasnt really going for our "type". They both won their classes, Alice did 2 classes and was placed 3rd in the other one. So... it was ok. Both showed well and thats the most important thing.

We also returned saturday to show Megan, the 8yr old lab in the veteran class. She has been shown once in the last 5 years, and that was last year at Richmond where she qualified (we had an injured pug entered and were able to transfer his entry to another dog to not waste it - we picked Meg at random! lol) so it was weird to be in the ring with her. She showed beatifully and loved it, didnt get placed but was in a veteran class of 26!!!! :eek: Thats more in one class than we have in the entire breed for basenjis at a normal championship show lol!!!!

After Meg was done (by about 9:30am), we manned the Discover Dogs stand with Maya and Alice and it was very popular. We had a constant stream of visitors, most hanging around for a good while to stroke the dogs and have a chat about the breed. At one point we had a crowd about 4 rows deep around us! :eek: Both girls behaved impeccibly and loved it. Meg the labrador even helped out when she got too tired for shopping!!

All in all, a lovely weekend!

Anyway, photos!!!

ry%3D400

Maya's bum
ry%3D400

Maya trotting
ry%3D400

Smiling at the judge
ry%3D400

Meg in the ring (v blurry!!)

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Discover Dogs - the end of the day when we finally had enough time to get an ice cream!!

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

And this is... unique LOL!!! I hate anything in animal print. I cant stand it and wont have it in my house. Or, I wont until Maya chooses it and gives me the neglected puppy eyes it seems.... Before you all laugh at the tackiness of it, it is clearly a VERY comfy bed. Aren't we all jealous of Maya...?? LOL!!

Here she is picking the eye-sore out at the trade stand.

We were actually hunting for a comfy bed for Chloe the arthritic 12 year old labrador. Maya wasnt getting one...!!! So in the end the nice lady did us a deal for 2 beds as Maya refused to get off this thing!!

ry%3D400

Proudly showing it off at home. Bloody thing barely fits in the room!!!
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Last edited:

pogface

Visit site
Oh my god the animal print chair photos have got me in stitches.... That is bloomin brilliant!! Look at that face...

Faro

Visit site
The animal print bed has made me laugh too. I HATE animal print fabrics as well - but just like you, I'd probably have given in just the same if Ronnie had selected it for himself. And doesn't Maya just look so smug and pleased with herself!