Crufts roll call?

Roxylola

Visit site
Visiting on the Friday. Lots of shopping for my groomer friend and exploring the discover dogs (hanging round poodles, spaniels pbgv and dax areas mostly)

Annette4

Visit site
Visiting on Thursday, I will mostly be stalking Valhunds, Corgis (duh!) and whippets (double duh!) but also want to check out cattle dogs and Aussies (shhh don't tell OH). Otherwise it's shopping and watching the flyball for us.

KEK

Visit site
Looking forward to watching it again from the other side of the world!they do such a great job with the footage. Agility mainly although I love watching the flyball too, so intense.

P3LH

Visit site
First time in years I won’t be going as pastoral falls on a Thursday and I’m at work, and my other day being terriers is the Friday! Bit sad but there’s always the telly!

pistolpete

Visit site
Not going this year but used to love going. Phillipa someone Fi dog trainer always a favourite. Tv it is!

satinbaze

Visit site
Ill be there Thursday, Friday & Sunday for my sins. Thursday is my shopping/browsing day, Friday I am stewarding in the obedience ring and Friday Ill be watching the Flatcoats. Not taking Meera even though she is entered as she is in season

EllieBeast

Visit site
A working long hair is on my future possibles list - could I ask you some questions about them on Sunday??

Oh fantastic, Of course you can! it’s what we’re there for ? I may be by the showring at some points helping a friend but my Husband - who works the dog will definitely be there and more than happy to answer any questions you’ll have! I hope to see you myself too though!
Ivy is very distinctive, with her ‘bandaged’ paw ?
And if you want to see a million photos, she has her own Instagram ? @ivytheglp (my husband is a photographer, the dog is his favourite subject ?)B17D36AD-D650-4D3A-9F21-2314D49E2904.jpeg7127A443-5E77-46DD-A360-235C599A57A1.jpeg

druid

Visit site
I'll be on the ESS breed stand for some of Sunday so will drop by - I specifically want a woking bred/line GLP so meeting one who does work would be awesome!

EllieBeast

Visit site
There are so few GLPs in the country, it’s a real shame- we’ve been blown away by ours. She’s our first HPR, my husband has previously worked Labs and Retrievers, and we’re totally besotted. The majority that I know are worked and from working lines, all those on the breed stand on Sunday will be either working or in training to do so ? look forward to meeting you on Sunday!

druid

Visit site
I've met some trialling ones over here at the HPR trial run on the estate annually - I like their hunting better than the GSP/GWP running here currently. Pointers on a good breeder to get on a wait list would be great and I'd like to chat about training and health. See you Sunday!

Clodagh

Visit site
There are so few GLPs in the country, it’s a real shame- we’ve been blown away by ours. She’s our first HPR, my husband has previously worked Labs and Retrievers, and we’re totally besotted. The majority that I know are worked and from working lines, all those on the breed stand on Sunday will be either working or in training to do so ? look forward to meeting you on Sunday!
Your bitch is gorgeous. How do they compare to GSP and GWP?

SmartieBean09

Visit site
My Husband will be there with our Dog Chili and the Search and Rescue Team. I believe they are doing a display both mornings.

Attachments

• 86DF4DCD-5298-4C3E-8BF9-0899217CAC94.jpeg
    86DF4DCD-5298-4C3E-8BF9-0899217CAC94.jpeg
    121 KB · Views: 10
  • A837A64E-53A1-4C5D-AC65-7A406A8CE436.jpeg
    A837A64E-53A1-4C5D-AC65-7A406A8CE436.jpeg
    113.6 KB · Views: 10
  • 1FB6F1CC-0DC6-47CD-B357-9EA0CF56C20B.jpeg
    1FB6F1CC-0DC6-47CD-B357-9EA0CF56C20B.jpeg
    568.7 KB · Views: 9

EllieBeast

Visit site
Your bitch is gorgeous. How do they compare to GSP and GWP?

Thankyou ? she’s an absolute sweetheart!
The GLPs tend to have a stronger hunting drive than both GWPs and GSPs, their style is much faster too.
The ones I’ve met have also been a fair bit quieter than most of the GSPs I’ve met ?

When Ivy was younger she was slightly hesitant about getting stuck into cover, but having just completed her second season she gets stuck into anything with the best of the spaniels now. Her nose is amazing and the speed that she covers ground on a retrieve is phenomenal. She gets used for quite a lot of picking up as well as rough shooting and competed in her first field trial in January. She also wildfowls and sofa warms with the best of them ? definitely a versatile gundog!

They’re very quick to learn, eager to please and ours doesn’t have a defiant bone in her body. High energy of course, but very gentle and biddable with it.
I’ve just asked my husband if he has anything to add to the post and he said- ‘They’re just better!!’ ? - this is said with Ivy draped across his lap, upside down, snoring…. Tough gundog!

palo1

Visit site
Aw, I am so delighted that the Irish Terrier took the Terrier group today. John Averis is a great ambassador for the breed and Donny looked fabulous!! They are such lovely dogs. I can't imagine ever getting my Red dog's coat to look anything like a 'proper' show dog's though lol!! I really liked the shortlist for the group too. Happy viewing :)

EllieBeast

Visit site
I was chuffed to bits to see the Rottweiler best of breed looked so fit and lean, I’m fed up of seeing fat dogs and it was a breath of fresh air to see a fit for purpose Rott do so well ? I grew up with rotties and have a massive soft spot for them!

We’re on our way, Ivy is snoring- conserving her energy for meeting ‘her’ public ?