Cruise Missile Mare

Missile Express

New User
Visit site
Hi everyone. I'm a new member and am desperately seeking a TB Cruise Missile mare. I know this is a really long shot as all his offspring are pretty aged by now. If anyone has, or knows someone who has a mare that could breed me a foal I would be more than grateful!! I have read a previous thead and, yes they can be nutty! I have a WPB out of a TB CM mare and he can buck for any country you care to mention!!! Would dearly love another tho' before I'm too old to sit the bucks!! Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks

pastie2

Visit site
Are you completely mad!! If you are try contacting the Eckleys in Peterchurch Hereforshire. I dont know if they are still there now though, I think there is an Eckley on this forum, I am sure she is related. I think you will be lucky, mares by Cruise Missile will be old by now. Even David Eckley had trouble with CM. Good luck!

Missile Express

New User
Visit site
Thanks for the replys. Not completely mad, some bits are missing (brain cells probably)! I will try to contact the Eckleys. The one in WM I have seen and is probably the youngest of all left out there! Its on my possibles list. I will keep you posted.

supersally

Visit site
The Eckleys are no longer at Vowchurch in fact they moved from there years ago. I used to take my mares to a son of his (Arms & The Man) who's oldest progeny would now be 15. They also can be a bit "hot/ stubborn(I still have the one mare that I bred as she fractured a bone in her neck as a foal !)

Missile Express

New User
Visit site
Thanks SuperSally. The other option is to go with a TB grand-daughter of CM, who will be younger and more likely to be of breeding age. They are definately quirky, but I've had mine since 3 days old and he is 11 now. Have a fantastic relationship with him and I make the concession for his bucking as its not malicious, just plain high-jinks. I'll keep looking and sooner or later something will crop up. A 3rd option of course is to buy a nice little TB mare and put her to a grand-son of CM. :)

dressagelover

New User
Visit site
I have a beautiful 16 2 TB sired by Cruise Missile. Had him for nearly 6 years now and has never been a problem. He is now 15 but is very quiet for a TB, good for hacking in company or alone. I use him for dressage but he was a novice eventer when I bought him. He had been with previous owner for 2 years and she only sold him as she wanted to jump higher and he wasn't the bravest. Just wanted to let you all know they are not all nutters out of Cruise Missile. I wouldn't part with him for the world.

Truly

www.shannonleighstables.com
I bred a full brother and sister by Cruise Missile..both were fantastic in every way....certainly not nutters! I have his grandson, my TB stallion 'Scallys Missile' who is 21yo now and also an angel in everyway!

I think the bad reputation had to do with some of the mares he covered..not him!

ozpoz

Visit site
We have one by Cruise Missile, he's 14 now though( where does time go ??)
I wouldn't hesitate to have another.