crying today again !

Tamba

Visit site
Pointless post really,
But not had a good day, I had my boxer girly put to sleep on 17th March, she was only 7 and half. And im still not getting over it, everywhere I go around the yard, I keep thinking about her, and how she would sit and wait for me , while I mucked out and she would sit on the hay, when I would be filling nets..she was always by my side. I have another boxer, and she misses her so much. she s been a great comfort to me. I was so used to having the two of them, and now theres only one, its awful.
Life is so cruel. she had cancer in her spine, and she was in so much pain and discomfort, we had no choice, not even the highest form of pain relief gave her in any comfort,

rip, Tamba, I miss you so much X

flirtygerty

Visit site
I so feel for you, I lost my old GSD last year, miss him so much, (the bad tempered beggar) I haven't had the heart to replace him, I also lost our big ginger thing late March, I did the daily care and yet as soon as my OH came into the barn, I ceased to exist, every time I go into the barn I see him in his box, to all intents and purposes asleep and I can't forget the images of him colicing, or the way my lad grieved for him.
I find Kalms helped get through the days and remembering the good times.
You are not alone

Tamba

Visit site
Thanks for your kindness, Ive read all the replies, and glad that its not just me, its amazing just what emptiness there is, when they leave. I thought I was just an emotional wreck and cant deal with animals dying. Tamba was angelic, she was so loyal and affectionate, she knew my every move. I rescued her, at 4 from a lady who couldnt look after her. She ahd been trying to find her a home for a long time, and had passed her round her family members, as she had no time for her.she was so timid when she came, but she gradually came out of her shell. She loved to run,and she had a really long tail, not like boxers at that time, most were docked !, She just loved her walks esp round the woods, now I wish i had taken her more ofter, oh God, you dont know anything about life, it was so sudden, yes, im sure she knew how much I loved her.I just cant understand why she was taken so young, when she was finally in a loving happy home. life is so cruel.

Your comments mean a lot to me, Ive cried buckets over her.

Lintel

Visit site
Bless your heart. I'm so sorry.
*Hugs*
It does get better. But it never goes away. X
How about rehoming a rescue dog, feeling like you are doing something for another sad dog.
There is a beautiful girlie here.
http://www.mrsmurrays.co.uk/content/animal.php?id=sasha

It will never replace her, but will give you something to concentrate on whilst letting her memory live on.
All my love.

xxMozlarxx

Visit site
Hiya... I cannot imagine how we would feel if anything happened to our lovely dog, how you feel is normal when an animal has meant so much. Xxx

Emilieu

Visit site
I don't know if this will help but a friend said to me recently that in many ways losing an animal is more difficult - they are such a huge part of your life and so much of your time is dedicated to caring for them. Plus you are left feeling guilty for all the things that you did or did not do for them. At least she found you and lived out her days feeling safe and surrounded by love. Life is cruel but it can also be beautiful - try to think of the happy times you shared together *nothing gold can stay* xxx

fjordhorsefan

Visit site
((((hugs)))) hon. She was taken from you young, but look at the fabulous happy life she had with you - she had everything she ever wanted and was so happy. It will get easier, but it takes time. When my last god was PTS, we were all devastated and it took us a good while to get over it.

brighteyes

Pooh-Bah
Visit site
Get down to a dog rescue and give the love you have to one which has none, along with the little hope it has of a future. I did and my goodness, has my life been enriched. I didn't even choose a dog I would normally have listed as my ideal. She is beyond that. Do it. Today.

Tamba

Visit site
sonyaanddogsnumber2050.jpg

Thought I would psot a pic of tamba and me, it is a few years old, but I couldnt find a more recent one of her.
Im so pleased when I read the posts, it really helped me.

Tamba

Visit site
didnt realise it would come up so big !!, sorry.
I never thought on dog, but it is god, backwards, thats true!
Lintel, its such a lovely girlie, but Im moving, and it wouldnt be ideal, to go and take one at the minute, as my other girlie, has been vaccinated and tested for rabies, already, and that has taken over 2 months, so with me moving I would have to start that process again, you see, (would have taken her in a heartbeat though, its s o unfair !, Brighteyes, you see once i move, I think I will go to the rescue, what did you take?, only Im not sure how on earth do you take one and reject another?
Yes, I think the other poster is right, animals are worse than losing people, as you do, take care of them and they are with you everyday, its so tragic, and I liked the idea of nothing gold can last, thats a lovely way of thinking of it .
Poor tamba, I took her all the way to Dick vet in hope they could do something, when she came on with a cough, that was the first sign of cancer on her lungs, but Dick vet couldnt establish where the main source of the cancer was, as they couldnt put her under aneathetic as her kidneys werent functioning very well. She was at Dick vets for a week, and she only lived a week after I brought her home. I wish now in hindsight, that I didnt take her there, as she spent a week there, that she could have spent with me. Its so unfair, if only I had known. Her body had given up. I know though atleast she didnt suffer, has, as soon as she began to lose her balance, and was in pain, I made that dreadful decision, that I had to let her go.worse day of my life.

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
My little lad was PTS 18 months ago, also cancer on the spine. I'm not over it, it still breaks my heart. We found out one day and had him PTS the next day. He fell over and that's how we found out.

Let yourself grieve, it's very early on. Time helps, but meanwhile, allow yourself to talk about her and cry.

Last edited:

swampdonkey

Visit site
I just wanted to say thank you really, I know it doesn't help you at all but I sometimes find myself getting annoyed at my 2 boxers. They are so enthusiastic when I come home from work or yard that I find myself snapping at them because I am tired or have my hands full of shopping.
You have made me realise that I should be thankful they are with me.
Note to self, appreciate every minute I have with my loyal and loving dogs.
Big hugs to you and lavish attention on your remaining friend.

This is our home bred boy George

http://www.horseandhound.co.uk/forums/picture.php?albumid=4735&pictureid=16124

Goldenstar

Visit site
It's just horrible it happened to me with a lovely faithful yellow lab one day made an awful mess in the house ten days later PTS with liver cancer like you we had other dogs but I never really got over it until I got a another yellow lab pup and he's twelve now and I still had to wait till now to answer your post as it still upsets me,
Mine would sit in rain as I worked when all the other would sloop back to the house you do get over it but as everyone has said its an other dog that helps the most.

Tamba

Visit site
I have to say thanks, read all your posts,
It is hard to speak about it, it just brings back all the hurt and pain, so can understand Golden?, about your lab, It is just painful isnt it.especially when they become ill so quickly.
thanks all, and George is gorgeous, I know what you mean, boxers are so much hardwork at times, because they are so bubbly and full of life. But they just love life and everything, they dont mean to practically knock you of your feet with their welcome !!!
Treasure them, they dont live forever unfortunately.
But time heals, but I miss her.