CT Scan

Horsecrazy721

Visit site
My mare received a operation 3 weeks ago and the veterinary hospital (refereed there from local small vets we use) offered a free CT scan as they were interested in this injury and would of been able to see if any other damage was done/any other underlying problems from the CT. The x-rays were clear before operation but CT scan can apparently show a million things a x-ray can not. I was told by the surgeon the CT would give a full image on the rehab and how well the operation is likely to work, as well as how well she'll return to work, what level of work etc etc depends what they see. I was told they have done it to other horses, for instance one had hairline crack in the hock bone and some clear but more often than likely there is a issue shown on CT which causes her issue in the first place and often why if not, they don't return sound.

Not heard anything so contacted them yesterday to be told the CT scan results aren't clear enough and nothing can be seen. They'll keep trying but it was free so thats it basically. We won't ever know.

I completely understand it was free but feeling rather deflated.. :( I know it was a free service, but they never mentioned it not working or being to unclear to see any picture at all.

Would anyone else feel a bit gutted? or am I in the wrong?

SEL

Visit site
It's ok to be gutted. Nothing you can do to change the outcome sadly but you're still entitled to feel disappointed.

Hope your horse recovers. What happened?