Cupiss powders?

vicijp

www.vicijpricehorses.co.uk
Anyone have any experience of these? From what I can read on the net (search facility playing up) they are just a strong diuretic?
Have a horse with suspected liver/kidney problems (hammers a medium himalyan salt lick in a week, doesnt drink, looks poor, hasnt quite come in summer coat). Had a clean worm count a couple of weeks ago, only had him a month.
Owner has come up with these (missus nicked them from her work) and im not quite sure they will sort him out. Vet is due this afternoon anyways but thought id ask how people have found them.

tractorgirl

Visit site
Hi Vici - C U piss sounds like a diuretic to me - or a piss take?
wink.gif
grin.gif

Maggie2

Visit site
I am sure they are an old fashioned pick me up type remedy for everything, Cupiss Constitution Balls they were called!!!!!

vicijp

www.vicijpricehorses.co.uk
Asked my vet about them and he said they were what people used before wormers. Also added that if they had them you didnt want to stand behind them for about a month, and no use at all in my horses case. More likely to upset whatever is going on then help. Owner was told this morning where to shove his powders = not happy!

racingdemon

www.facebook.com
not sure if this is any interest, but it helps detox the liver, Equicell

that bit is very performance based, but if you want some more relevent info let me know, works well for the kind of problem you've just described

racingdemon

www.facebook.com
to get the best effect you'd want to feed the boost level which is 150-180ml per day for 2 weeks, but then you'd be ok on the maintenance dose, which is 60ml, and you'd probably need that for another 2-3 weeks, i'll pm you when i'm back in the office on monday if thats ok,