Cushing owners

poiuytrewq

Visit site
How are your horses or ponies coats looking?
Im not sure if I’m a little concerned that mine is still a bit hairy, he’s pretty much moulted out his neck and shoulders but his body is still fairly thick, although it is coming out.
Anyone else’s still loosing?

meleeka

Visit site
One of mine is the same. She’s grey but looks really moth eaten at the moment. The other still has a fluffy belly but is chestnut so it doesn’t look as bad. She’s only just had her blood test so I know levels are ok.

poiuytrewq

Visit site
I’m relieved to read these replies, except for yours Hash rouge! He’s looked lovely all winter. Hairy but thats expected, really shiny.
Now he’s just looking full over his body it is coming out though.
We retested late last summer and I needed to up his dose a little.
I have the vet coming in a few weeks for jabs so will get her to retest if she thinks necessary.

Catbird

Visit site
I do at least 3 full clips a year as my pony never loses all his hair. He's tested regularly and doesn't seem to lose much even when his levels are in the normal range

MuddyMonster

Visit site
Mine lost his winter coat by March, I'd say which is earlier than normal for him but was his first Spring on parascend. Numbers wise he was in the equivocal range before treatment so kind of like early onset, so might not be comparable?

July dreamer

Visit site
My boy still has his "blanket" from his blanket clip last year, can't remember him hanging onto his coat so late in the year before. He was tested late last year but I think I'll get him done again soon. It's coming out slowly but I'm missing his dapples. I thought maybe he knows something about the summer weather that's coming.......

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
My two are pretty good. I have trimmed beards and legs. Senior mare's (21yo) summer coat is thicker than it was, but is now even and not fluffy. I may yet need to clip her out if we get sustained hot weather.

Pretty pleased with the IDx (16yo). It was a most unpleasant shock when she showed up as +ve 5 years ago on a routine screening at age 11, and I wondered how quickly the PPID would progress :oops:. She's been on 1 prascend a day for the last 5 years, which has kept her ACTH levels and all Cushing's symptoms nicely under control.

CEA30E84-BC1E-49EA-99A2-F3A26649AE87.jpeg

Dontforgetaboutme

Visit site
My oldie has bit of fluff on her saddle patch and my younger one you can still see her clip lines on her legs. They are out 24/7 unrugged so wonder if they haven’t totally moulted. I should have my oldie tested though

Pinkvboots

Visit site
One of mine was tested and his in what they call a grey area so we are re testing in Autumn, his still moulting I don't think his coat is as fine as it was last year it seemed to take ages coming out this year.

eggs

Visit site
Mine was chaser clipped in the winter as he was out of work but sweating on his chest. Normally he is fully clipped out in winter.

He wasn’t losing his coat so I clipped all his body and neck a couple of weeks ago as he was back in work and getting sweaty.

The hair on his legs is finally at the point where I can pull clumps of it off.

holeymoley

Visit site
Mine doesn’t have cushings yet *touches wood* but will be due for annual bloods in august. He was fully clipped in the winter and quite clearly shed his winter clipped coat- tiny hairs everywhere around march. Grew in a ‘normal coat’ and looks fine but he’s shedding now?! Is that also a symptom of cushings? He’s 20 now

Britestar

Visit site
Mine was fully clipped about 6 weeks ago. Looks good .
He was never going to cast out his winter coat.
I have far more issues with little sores that appear all the time.

Lintel

Visit site
Mine is still rather wooly! But the weather has also been all over the shop up here so the healthy Hipo has only just lost the last of his!

poiuytrewq

Visit site
Ok, so after further replies maybe I am a bit concerned.
he’s on 3 quarters of a pill a day.
Out of interest my vet said some pills have different active ingredient amounts. I thought we only had prescand? Which I believe is 1mg can anyone tell me otherwise?
The photos people have posted look lovely! ?
I feel mine is hairier. He’s a sweet boy, I want to make sure we are doing ok by him. My goal is to reach 35 years old !! but obviously only if he’s happy. He’s a soecial pony