Cushings and glucosamine/MSM?

hellfire

Visit site
One of my ponies has recently been diagnosed with cushings. He's suffered slight locking hocks for years and was on glucosamine and MSM for years which has been a massive help. Now with cushings it's said glucosamine can make conditions worse in regards to insulin levels. What are any of you using joint wise if not glucosamine? Just MSM? Tumeric?

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
ditto boswellia, carteri or serrata (different species), most available is the latter.
good natural anti inflammatory, so may or may not help with locking hocks.

hellfire

Visit site
Just had a google and it has cancer fighting properties too. As no one seems to know what truely causes stifle lock supplements are hard for it but gutted as that was working so well and has done for years. Since stopping it has become worse. He's kept fit which helps and it's not a bad case but don't want it getting worse eapecially coming up sweet 16. I think lubrication of the joints too is needed as well as anti inflammatory. I like using natural if i can. Cod liver oil and other oils alone weren't enough. I shall defiantly try him on some of that see if it helps. Maybe coupled with oil the both will help?