Custom made riding boots

sharky

Visit site
Has anyone had any custom long riding boots made for them and if so what companies, prices (ish) and reviews of what they were like please.

I'm looking to have some long field boots made as i have slightly abnormally sized calves in comparison to my the rest of my legs - basically i need boots that are approx 20 inch high and 18 inch around the calf.

Something stylish that don't look like wellies

Thanks

Craig :)

Thorthepony

Visit site
Find someone who stocks Konig's as at one time I know they were doing a made to measure service and would taylor make the boots to what you want. They are not cheap mind you but worth it if you want a really nice, well fitting pair.

Enfys

Visit site
Davies in Wales.

Custom made, excellent craftsmanship, can't recommend them highly enough.

It was years ago that I had my boots made, I can't recall what I paid for them.

BigRed

Visit site
I have long legs, I bought my best boots from Schneider in London. They were £500. They keep a huge range of sizes in stock and when I bought mine, they said if the stock boots don't fit, we make them at the same cost. Not sure if that is still the case or not. They make the boots for the Household Cav, so they are pukka quality.

ThePony

Visit site
I second Davies - they're lovely! and not stupid money either

http://www.daviesridingboots.co.uk/default/

I don't suppose you would mind giving a rough idea of the cost of boots from Davies? OH needs some for his v odd shaped legs, and since they need to last forever he would want wooden trees too - so I like that these guys can do both, but rather worried that the price would be utterly out of reach!!

sharky

Visit site
I got a response back from Davies and although they don't do field boots anymore they quoted between 770 and 800 for plain fronted ones

Hmmm thats quite a chunk of cash

rhino

Visit site
have you looked at equitector and fuller fillies? they both do wide fit boots at reasonable prices.
my ff ones are 18" and so are my equitectors.

equi do a made to measure service too :)
http://www.equitector.com/longriding.cfm

Equitector boots are pretty good for their price. Not sure if sharky would be brave enough to order from 'Fuller Fillies' though :eek: ;) :D