Customer Service?

YorksG

Over the hill and far awa
Visit site
I decided to treat myself to a new show hat, so finaly settled on a green Charles Owen Fiona's hat. (I know it's not strictly traditional, but have a new green tweed and two chesnut based Appaloosas :D )
The first local tack shop told me back in February that it would take eight weeks if I ordered it with them, couldn't quite afford it then so decided to wait., Called at the same shop a couple of weeks later, to buy tea tree mist, the assistant looked on a shelf and said "if it's not on there, we haven't got any" I had a wander round the shop and found the Tea tree mist in a different place. I decided I didn't fancy asking that young woman to order me an expensive special hat!
On Thursday last week I decided that I had enough pennies to order The Hat :) Tried another fairly local, usually quite good tack shop. I explained to the assistant what I wanted, but asked if they had a Fiona's hat to try on, to make sure of the size. The answer was "No we don't keep them in stock" I wasn't about to order an expensive item without being sure it would fit, so didn't buy it there either!
Travelled a bit further out, to Throstle Nest, where two assistants served me, made sure that I was buying the right size, rang Charles Owen there and then, ordered the size and colour, got a firm delivery date for four weeks time and were willing to only take a deposit, although I actually paid in full. Guess which shop I will be using in future? :)

Sheep

Visit site
Glad to hear you eventually got good service! I went to a local tack shop this week and had a few questions, but the owner was too concerned with gossiping with a gobby foul mouthed chum, so after fifteen minutes of looking lost I decided I'd rather keep my money and spend it somewhere friendly!

Izzwizz

Visit site
I go to Throstle Nest Saddlery too on a regular basis, they are the best for service and prices. Just got my 2 brand new Rambo Duos for £199, cant grumble at that atall !!

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
I go to Throstle Nest Saddlery too on a regular basis, they are the best for service and prices. Just got my 2 brand new Rambo Duos for £199, cant grumble at that atall !!

Several years ago, I ordered a 61/2" bit for my Clydie mare, from one of the local tackshops mentioned in OP. After chasing it up many times to be told that it still hadn't arrived, I happened to go to Throstle Nest for something else (they are quite a distance from us), where I saw that they had exactly the bit I had ordered. Apparently it was an uncollected special order. Unfortunately the Clydie had to be pts in 2008, I am still waiting for the bit to arrive in the local tack shop!

Love

Visit site
I have always found R&R at Hemingbrough incredibly helpful - always going out of their way to help and find you what you need, not to mention lovely to talk to and very friendly staff. Although it's bit further than the other tack shop i used to use i always go there now as its a much nicer experience all-round :)

YorksG

Over the hill and far awa
Visit site
I wouldn't mind the poor service so much, if it was cheap stuff, but it is quite an expensive hobby and they just don't seem interested in so many tack shops. Throstle Nest was like a breath of fresh air :) They didn't know in the shop, but sis and I were taught to ride by Mr and Mrs Baxter and we have stewarded for Mr. Baxter for working hunters a few times locally :)

mudmudmud

Visit site
Throstle Nest always have excellent, knowledgeable, friendly staff. Nothing worse than going into a tack shop and the staff knowing nothing about there products or being unwilling to help.

minkymoo

Visit site
It's great when you get good customer service, I'm lucky that my local tack shop are pretty friendly and helpful.

You would think thought hat with online shopping going the way that it is, especially with tack shops, more would be a bit more, well, customer focused!

It also raises a valid point from the other thread currently running, that praising good customer service and helpful staff does happen & is appreciated.

If your customer service is a load of shizzle, well, quite frankly you deserve to go down the pan!