Cut away show jackets and curvy ladies?

Muddywellies

Visit site
Is this a bad combo? Do cut away jackets not suit anyone over a size 8? I do like the look of them, but I'm about a 16 and have a tummy (carry all my weight from the waist down - true pear shape). I've trawled the internet but every picture has a minescule lady wearing one. Should I steer clear, or can they work?

Velcrobum

Visit site
If you were set on a cut-away dressage jacket I would look at a single breasted fastening as optically that is more slimming like the Annabelle
http://www.dressagedeluxe.co.uk/Shop.asp?viewmode=vp&pid=4774&ppid=4085

As others have said you need to try on and see what it is like. Some cutaway jackets have a lower cutaway than others that combined with the points would cover lower. Steph Croxford and Alice Oppenheimer are not size 10 ladies but they manage to carry off tails.

Nicnac

Visit site
Try it with Spanx or similar? As Velcrobum says there are some pro dressage riders who aren't skinny minnies and wear tails which are cut away. Maybe they have a M2M 'front' which is lower than a normal cut away?

Cortez

Tough but Fair
Visit site
If you were set on a cut-away dressage jacket I would look at a single breasted fastening as optically that is more slimming like the Annabelle
http://www.dressagedeluxe.co.uk/Shop.asp?viewmode=vp&pid=4774&ppid=4085

As others have said you need to try on and see what it is like. Some cutaway jackets have a lower cutaway than others that combined with the points would cover lower. Steph Croxford and Alice Oppenheimer are not size 10 ladies but they manage to carry off tails.
Well, it is a requirement to wear a cutaway tailcoat for FEI levels so the, er, heftier ladies have no choice. I would debate whether they carry it off, exactly.