Cuteness overload... Clydesdale Lead Rein Dressage (Picture heavy)

sky1000

These pictures are so lovely to see. Clydesdales must be lovely to ride. I was watching at the 3 Counties a couple of years ago the Ridden Heavy Horse class. They were pulled in in a certain order, with mainly shires at the top. But after the ride judge had ridden, a clydesdale, that had been standing about 10th, won - you could see the ride judge loved riding it - it was the one she actually galloped.

Surbie

Brilliant photos and video, thanks for sharing! I particularly liked where a tiny arm was trying to brush all of that enormous shoulder. What a fabulous day it must have been.

abbijay

Well you lot are a thoroughly lovely bunch aren't you! Thank you for saying nice things about us, and I am genuinely touched to have made many of you smile and a few of you well up!
This boy is beyond special to me; my first pony who has allowed me to try out all those things I never dreamed I could. He has always been anyone's ride. From first timers to FEI competitors he just knew when to step up or down just the right amount and he even reminded a couple of people that were fresh out of riding school that he was no dope on a rope and there's a big difference between thinking you can ride and actually being able to! He was born with a schoolmaster attitude.
He is a part of our family and it just felt like the right thing to do, plus it is the sort of experience I dreamed of as a child. Although he can't live in the house with us he still has his own bedroom (which doubles nicely as my office in pandemic times) Every one of the 90-odd rosettes he won hangs here with pride as a memento of our journey; the 7th places and specials from the local shows that I hacked to as precious as the 1st places from county shows or championships. It was never about winning, it was about having as much fun as we could!
desk1.jpg