Cuteness overload... Clydesdale Lead Rein Dressage (Picture heavy)

NLPM

Visit site
Sounds like such a brilliant day :) What a fabulous horse! Love the idea of you surprising your children in the morning.

sky1000

Visit site
These pictures are so lovely to see. Clydesdales must be lovely to ride. I was watching at the 3 Counties a couple of years ago the Ridden Heavy Horse class. They were pulled in in a certain order, with mainly shires at the top. But after the ride judge had ridden, a clydesdale, that had been standing about 10th, won - you could see the ride judge loved riding it - it was the one she actually galloped.

Surbie

Visit site
Brilliant photos and video, thanks for sharing! I particularly liked where a tiny arm was trying to brush all of that enormous shoulder. What a fabulous day it must have been.

abbijay

Visit site
Well you lot are a thoroughly lovely bunch aren't you! Thank you for saying nice things about us, and I am genuinely touched to have made many of you smile and a few of you well up!
This boy is beyond special to me; my first pony who has allowed me to try out all those things I never dreamed I could. He has always been anyone's ride. From first timers to FEI competitors he just knew when to step up or down just the right amount and he even reminded a couple of people that were fresh out of riding school that he was no dope on a rope and there's a big difference between thinking you can ride and actually being able to! He was born with a schoolmaster attitude.
He is a part of our family and it just felt like the right thing to do, plus it is the sort of experience I dreamed of as a child. Although he can't live in the house with us he still has his own bedroom (which doubles nicely as my office in pandemic times) Every one of the 90-odd rosettes he won hangs here with pride as a memento of our journey; the 7th places and specials from the local shows that I hacked to as precious as the 1st places from county shows or championships. It was never about winning, it was about having as much fun as we could!
desk1.jpg

dogatemysalad

Visit site
Oh for goodness sake. I can't see the screen for tears rolling down my cheeks. You've just summed up what it's all about. What a lovely family, you all are and for showing that your old horse is a part of that. Absolutely love this post.