Daft One/Fatty-Fluffball does dressage

BronsonNutter

Visit site
It's been three months since Wilby last went out competing, due to uni, so we thought it was time for him to go out again to a party!

Last competition he looked like this:
E443.jpg

So I returned home on friday to find this:
6-1.jpg

A very fat :eek: and hairy Wibbles who's only hacked out with Mum :)D) and hasn't gone into a canter since the end of October, when I was last at home.

Photos from October:
1-2.jpg

2-2.jpg

3-1.jpg

(not sure why my leg is so far forward on that one...)
4-2.jpg

5-2.jpg

Anyway, I schooled him in the dark on friday night - took a while for him to work out how to canter again (mad flailing legs, followed by a series of broncs, then we were off!) but he was fine - schooled in the daylight on saturday (more 'wahey, canter!' broncing :p) so I was a bit worried about getting bronced off mid test on sunday!

Just did P10 and P14, seeing as asking him for any extended work without any proper schooling would probably be a bit pointless... Plus didn't want to ask for too much incase he went airborn :eek: Anyway, needn't have worried because he was so chilled out he was almost horizontal :eek: Lazy even :eek: There were a couple of moments where he wasn't quite balanced, and he tripped and broke in one canter (corrected, but still...) and the whole thing needed to be more forward, but he was very sweet and I can't ask for too much :) He got 60% in the first test and 64% in the second, not placed in either as far as I know, didn't hang around for results and my sheets are in the post.

Anyway, more pictures:
7-2.jpg

8-1.jpg

9-1.jpg

10-1.jpg

11-1.jpg

12-1.jpg

Constructive crit is always appreciated - just don't tell me he needs to actually be going anywhere because I already know that :p Especially advice as to how to stop myself looking like I'm trying to sit on top of my hands would be very useful, I'm not sure what they're doing :mad:

Last edited:

Dirty_D

Visit site
Great pics! Mine doesnt look that settled ever and he's not had any time off!

On another note, what make/where are your jods from? Im looking for some that colour and i'm struggling to find that shade!

Lolo

Visit site
The Daft One looks lovely as ever, even in his winter woollies! Well done :) How's uni going with the horse juggling?

BronsonNutter

Visit site
A - Thankyou :)

D_D - We're very lucky to have a horse that just falls asleep when you take him out!
The jods are the derby house vancouver ones, comps ones are 'canary' without the suede seat, brown ones are 'coco' (I think?) and have a suede seat. They're quite often on offer too (I got mine half price :D)

BronsonNutter

Visit site
Lolo, uni is good! I was getting quite horsesick though so have started going to the odd uni riding lesson with a friend, and once january exams are over I might try to go home every other weekend - this term it's been every 3/4 weeks :( Wibs seems quite content with his happy hacker lifestyle! Still undecided as to what to do with him next year - whether to try selling/loaning or something. If he stays he'll move over here for my fourth and fifth years though :)

BronsonNutter

Visit site
Annabel, has Rebound gone all cuddly too? :D I've never had a proper fluffy horse before! It was at sykehouses, nearish to doncaster, nice venue :)

FS, this is actually my old ponies saddle - only a 16" so gives the impression of having slipped forward just because it's so small! I've done all the basic checks on it that I can (and it fits miles better than the one we had made to measure for him :mad:) and took the half pad off because this did cause it to move a little bit, but I will be looking at getting him his own saddle when I'm back for christmas... My mum doesn't canter or jump (nor can she get on off the ground or from a leg up due to her ankles) so can't really ride him for the saddler, else I'd get one sooner.

Last edited:

superpony

Visit site
Annabel, has Rebound gone all cuddly too? :D I've never had a proper fluffy horse before! It was at sykehouses, nearish to doncaster, nice venue :)

Haha yes! Hes having a break this winter and is fat and fluffy! Hate fluff but since I am not riding him I have no excuse to clip him unfortunately!!

Ohh thats good to know I've really struggled to find a venue around me for some dressage next month, decided to go to Trent Valley on the 18th.

ladyt25

Visit site
Ooh, I was just about to say, that's Sykehouse! I almost considered going there on sunday but was too chicken to commit and get my entry in - was that the trailblazers dressage? I do like going there, they do nice chips!! lol

BronsonNutter

Visit site
SB, now you point it out, it does... Strange, you'd think it'd be the other way round with mounting up :confused: Could be that I've swung my left leg back or something like that though (does look like my heel's gone up?) Will triple check next time I'm home!

Annabel, I begged mum to let me clip him on saturday but she won out :( They tend to have 1 or 2 every month, or a combined training where you can just do the dressage - I'd not been until this year and wish I'd known about it back when we stil had Bronts, because the SJ there is always good too.

LT25, they do good chocolate cake too :p Don't blame you for missing this weekend though; it was very windy - Wibs was getting blown off course on the centre line! And yep, it was Trailblazers; he's now Q'd at prelim dressage, novice CT and elementary dressage (CT & elem was over summer) there, clever pony :D