Daft Question - What are papers?

TheBlackMoth

Visit site
Ok - I know this must sound like a daft question. But remember I know nothing about horses - I just pay for them for the girls.

I have bought a pony and a horse in the last 18 months - a Welsh Section D and a TB. They both came with passports and the TB came with a piece of paper that was a drug record - completely blank apart from his details at the top.

Should I have had more papers - am I missing something?

Tia

Visit site
If the horses are registered bloodstock then you should have received their Breed Registry papers.

Did you get their Vaccination passports too?

TheBlackMoth

Visit site
Ebony, Welsh, had a Vaccination card with her passport showing her vaccinations whilst she had been with that owner. Her breeding - ie the list of parents (can't you tell I don't know what I am talking about) - is detailed in the passport.

Biggles, TB, had the Vaccinations detailed in the passport. He is an ex race horse - came with just the passport and the drug paper.

Oh dear - I am worried now - feel I should have got something else.

TheBlackMoth

Visit site
Ebony was bought privately - so got a privately written receipt. Biggles was bought from a dealer - have a receipt - but am waiting for a proper letter headed receipt. Only bought three weeks ago.

Thanks for that - I was panicking there!

Tia

Visit site
smile.gif
No probs. If anyone else thinks of anything that has been missed I am sure they will post, but I can't think of anything else.

it sounds as if the passport you have with the welsh is one of the ones issued by the wpcs for registered horses.
my horse is a registered D and she litterally used to have a piece of paper to say she was registered - had her parents and her registration number on it etc (but you had seperate vaccination card). Then when passports became the law, if you had a registered horse, you'd get its passport from the breed society that the horse is registered with (in this case wpcs) and it contains the passport documents, it's registration details, it's pedigree and the vaccination card. Basically everything is in this one book.
is it green?
what does it say on the front??