daihatsu fourtrak owners.. help!

jhoward

Demon exorcist...
Visit site
hi i have no owners manual and need to know what one of the .. erm i dont know the technical name but will go for bottle type things in the front of the engine is for as mine needs filling!

have figured washer one out but this one has no marks on the cap!

ive got a 1996 model if that helps. ive searched for ages on line but cant find a diagram

double choc cookies if you can help :)

Bangagin

Visit site
We used to have a Fourtrak, but many years ago so can't recall what it looked like under the bonnet!

Have you tried taking the cap off and having a sniff to see what liq1uid is inside, or feel if it is oily? How big is the bottle type thing? The only real things that need topping up are engine oil, radiator coolant, brake fluid and screen wash.

Not very helpful I know, but I don't want any cookies thanks as just had some Mini Cheddars. :D

jhoward

Demon exorcist...
Visit site
it just smelt of water and was near the front, not the coolant as found that and it was full not washers as found that .. both had signs/writting on,.

this one is just white

pretty sure found radiator one.. will take a piccie and post when i get home.

thankies.

JenHunt

Visit site
drivers side or passenger?

washer is passenger side nearer the cab than the front
oil is drivers side nearer the cab
radiator expansion/refill bit is nearer the front (but can't remember which side - could go out and check if you wish)

scribble

Visit site
It is likely that it is the expansion bottle for the radiator. If it is empty then you have a leak. radiators should be filled with around 30% solution of antifreeze to water. much more than 50% if you are in scotlnd can damage some engine.

jhoward

Demon exorcist...
Visit site
deffinatly not rad, as there is a bottle by that. give me ten mins and will attach pics, its passenger side towards the front

jhoward

Demon exorcist...
Visit site
right piccies.

this is looking head on at the engine if you look to the side of the picture you can see a bit of a white bottle that is deffinatly the radiator bottle, above the big white bottle is deffinatly the wiper bottle. my random one is the one in full view.

deff not rear wiper as theres a bottle in the rear door for that.

it does have jets for the head lights but they appear not to work and where the hell is the button for them lol! cant find that either!

bottle2.jpg

bottle.jpg

stencilface

High upon a hillside
Visit site
We've only had ours 2 months, but my dad reckons it is the washer bottle for the headlights - sorry no idea where the button is to test!

stencilface

High upon a hillside
Visit site
pmsl. when im passing a garage next i may have to go and plead the innocent woman bit...

Now I'm going to have to open the bonnet on ours tomorrow and twiddle around, dam you! Ours is a J reg -so 1992 ish I think...

My dad reckons there is a little motor at the bottom of ours, he is just popping out to look at it for you :D

stencilface

High upon a hillside
Visit site
Dad can confirm thats what he thinks it is - has a pump at the bottom and the tubes seem to go that way - still no idea where the button is for it though! Below the steering wheel somewhere, in the middle console?

jhoward

Demon exorcist...
Visit site
god nos its a fourtrak my button options are very limited!

i think mine is a p reg.. cant remember as it has a private number plate.. that has to go!