Damn boots!

RunToEarth

Visit site
So I have been searching for some nice long boots to compete in. Tried three pairs on in the last week, and cant get my calves into any of them. Now im not going to lie to you, im not fat, im a size 8 in trowsers and a 6 foot, but these boots just wont go on. Really maddening, I dont have big calves, they arnt tiny but they are just what I have accumulated from dancing. How the hell am I going to find a pair of boots that fit??? Its quite urgent I get some new ones as mine are slowly crippling me, seriously. Gah, sorry for the rant, just abit fed up!

BroadfordQueen

Visit site
i had the same problem as you- have size 6 feet and im not even a size 8 in trousers, im still in childrens sizes as i have no waist. i dont have fat legs, just average. i tried on tons on long leather boots but none fit. in the end i went away with some cheap rubber boots, and getting some cut for me, as the ones that did fit where too long
crazy.gif
good luck in finding boots, lol!

Benefice1

Visit site
I also have the same problem but its more the fact that i have a very high instep so that i cant actually get my foot in.
I tried a pair on and there was no way they were going on, so i tried a pair of wide on, got my foot in easily but then they were like wellies round my leg!!
I now have a pair of 2nd hand regent boots and although they take me about 10 minutes to squeeze them on they are fine once my foot is in!!
It really was a nightmare tho so i know how u feel
crazy.gif

ihatework

Visit site
You have a few options
1. made to measure - expensive but lovely
2. off the peg and then for £50-60 a good cobbler/saddler will be able to put a leather/elastic insert up the back seam
3. smart short boots and gaiters

RunToEarth

Visit site
I would love to get made to measure, but I dont know if my budget would stretch to that as I have to get new saddle too, 2nd option sounds good as I dont like gaiters and boots
smile.gif

Haflinger

Visit site
I tryed on some gorgeous long boots on at Robinsons the other week but they were to long for me, so I got some Jodphour boots and black gaiters
smile.gif

I want some long ones for when I start competing more, but Mum won't buy me any more
frown.gif
She says if I want them I have to buy them.

Good luck finding something!

Bri

Visit site
I've got the mountain horse sport boots and love them!
Really comfortable!
I also had the same problem with trying to find boots to go over my calves (which I don't think are overly big) and the mountain horse ones were brilliant!

Oaksflight

Visit site
I had this problem, have very muscley calves, albeit the only muscle I have! And so felt very fat when I had to get x-wide leather boots. Got to go find some new ones now as zips bust today, which means more embarrassment. Bugger.

mrdarcy

www.rockcrunchers.co.uk
Count me in too... I'm size 10 but have rather chunky calves. I wish it was muscle!

I got some Mountain Horse High Caliber boots in 6 1/2 regular/wide fitting. The boots zipped nicely round my calf and I was very happy - finally nice boots that fit BUT then I tried to bend my leg into riding mode.... the damn boots are too tall. The 5 1/2 is one inch shorter and would fit perfect but the calf width is also smaller and no way would it zip up. Grrrrr... had to send them back and ask to exchange them for TredstepIreland gaiters and short boots.

Louby

Visit site
Ive got the Mountain Horse High Caliber too and I love them. Ive got 39cm calves and the regualr width fit me as they are elasticated!! Have had awful trouble getting other boots to fit. I think they are smart enough to compete in too. Problem I had was I wanted the reg length too and they are hard to get as Mountain horse no longer supply this length to the UK as they are too long for most people. Im 5' 7 so not exactly tall and they fit great but I do like my boots high.

Chumsmum

Visit site
I got a 'bargain' pair of new Regent boots off ebay - can get the right one on but not the left! Can anyone recommend ways to stretch long boots - I'm having trouble in the ankle area?? Thanks!

LEC

Opinions are like bum holes, everyone has one.
Visit site
I have had this through playing rugby - best way to stretch boots is with damp newspaper and to fill the boot for 24 hours try them on and stretch them that way. My other idea was to fill them with water in a plastic bin bag and shove them in the freezer where the water would stretch them in the areas I needed.
I never managed to do any of this as kept forgetting till I needed them and then damn they were too tight!

seza

Visit site
My son has huge feet but is very slightly built and we managed to find some Broghini ones to fit. They make so many combinations of sizes with calf measurements from very small to very large.