Damn dog ate my hat

scruffyponies

Visit site
OK, so I shouldn't have left it in the back of the car, but now the PVC leather harness is chewed right through behind the ear.

I can't prove it was the dog, but there's a history of shredded plastic curry combs. She knows I know. Grrrr.

doodle

Visit site
I was walking a friends labs. One always carried a leather glove with her. (She has her own glove and only ever carried it while on a walk and it cane with her EVERY walk) I became aware of her chewing and glove disappeared down her throat. I panicked and called the vet thinking I had killed her. Vet asked what breed dog. I said she was a lab. Very said well don’t worry then! It was never found to have come out the other end!

scruffyponies

Visit site
So...shopping?!??!! lol

Absolutely not. Shopping! Not a chance! My options are:
Carry on using the kids skull cap I found in the tackroom, which fits fine, even though it's 20 years old and ugly AF
Get out the sewing machine and a bit of scrap webbing and make the necessary repairs.

I know some people enjoy shopping, but I'd rather eat bees.

scruffyponies

Visit site
And here is the result of a bit of Blue Peter style repair work, using some suede (was once trousers), copydex glue, and stitched for strength. Phew, shopping averted!

Attachments

• IMG_20200928_212721.jpg
    IMG_20200928_212721.jpg
    174.3 KB · Views: 10